Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xaml parse error 3ds max 2016

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
5578 Views, 6 Replies

Xaml parse error 3ds max 2016

3Ds max show an error message at the opening : Erro parsing Xaml file: 'Initialization of 'WpFCustomControls,MaxRibbonControl' threw an exception. 'Line number '42239' and line position '3'

When the software is launched, I can use it normaly until I try to import a file or just clic on the File window, so it stops and propose me to send a diagnostic to Autodesk. Could you please help me ? I don't now how to do. I tried to rename the ENU file, try to rename Xaml file into xaml.backup nothing worked...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community,

Was Max running when you renamed the ENU folder?  Can you please tell me which OS you are on as well as any plugins and the service pack version of Max you are running?  Thank you very much for the information.   I know you'd tried to rename the ENU but can we try it one more time using the instructions below? 

1) Restart your computer

2) Reset your user settings

3) Start Max.  

Thanks for answering my questions above and for trying that for me.  

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello Alfred.DeFlaminis, thanks for welcoming

No Max wasn’t running when I changed the ENU folder. I was on Windows 8.1 at this time and on the SP4 version of Max. But I passed my computer on Windows 10 version and it appears that Max runs again. I don’t understand why it works now but the error message at the opening does not appear any more. This is strange… Do you think that this kind of problem could appear in the future ?
Thanks a lot for responding so quickly (and sorry for my english). If you want me to try something else to solve this problem just ask ! I know that I’m not the only one who met this problem.

Best regards.
Message 4 of 7
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

That is interesting.  Any extra info you can provide is always great, but I can only think of a few things that could cause it.  Resetting the user settings should fix and problems with the ribbon.  Since it didn't, this might be because something interrupted the writing of these files somehow.  Chances are that it was a bad block on the hard drive (common) and when you upgraded to Windows 10 it did a drive check and block fix before installing.  That's one theory.  

Otherwise this is very strange unless the ENU folder you renamed wasn't for the current user but for a different user, that can also happen.  Thanks for any extra information, even though this is academic at this point.  

Best Regards,

Message 5 of 7
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on this issue?

Best Regards,

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello Alfred.DeFlaminis

No progress. 3Ds Max runs perfectly, I didn't do anything else. Thanks for
asking and sorry that I couldn't help more about that...
Happy new year to you !
Best regards
Julien Legrand.
Message 7 of 7
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

Thank you for the update and Happy New Year!  🙂

I looked more into this and that error may have been caused by problems in .Net or the Windows installation itself.  I'm glad it's all working now however, and please let me know if you continue to have problems.  Since updating to Windows 10 fixed it I'm going to mark that solution as we can't really debug it now that it's upgraded.  Thanks so much for communicating with me about it!

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report