Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I move the Modify Tab?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mrdunn13
323 Views, 3 Replies

Why can't I move the Modify Tab?

Some times when I Edit an object, something weird happens. Suddenly the Modify Tab becomes bigger and takes up a whole lot of space. At first I just tried to work through it because I thought it was some thing I did, but now it happens again to one of the bigger project file I'm working on. Yes, I tried to minimize it by drag-clicking the side, but it doesn't work. It just stays there. Anyone else might've run into this problem and know the solution?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello @mrdunn13,

Can you tell me a bit more about when this happens?  The next time it happens, can you also take a screenshot of the collapsed rollouts for me, please?  In the current screenshot I can only see selection, soft selection, and edit geometry but perhaps one of the rollouts has some kind of object properties with a long data or variable name attached to it.  That's one area where I have seen this happen.  

If you drag it to the left and let it become 2 columns, does it stop doing this?  (I know you said you tried to make it smaller but what about bigger so it triggers 2 columns?)  Thanks for the information.  This is relatively rare in my travels so any extra information is great. 

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 4

The first time it happened was when I entered into Edit Poly on a file with many objects and materials. Once it happens, there's no way to move the tab to the left or right. Even worse, the 3d model that it happens to will permanantly have this if I save the file under such circumstance. So if I click on the particular 3d model again, it will suddenly make a giant Modify Tab that makes the viewports much smaller. The only option is to not save, to close the program and restart it. But after it happening again, I decided I wanted to know what the problem was.

Message 4 of 4

I want to know as well, @mrdunn13.  If you find a way to replicate it consistently please let me know.  I've only seen it personally 1 time in a year of using 2017.  It's clearly not supposed to happen, but I cannot log it into the tracker without repro steps or a way to demonstrate the problem.  If you have a file where this is happening, please attach it as that can also work.  Thanks!  (Also make sure you have the latest update, you probably do I'm just making sure.)  
Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report