Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport lagging when coordinate display updates

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Empry28
1632 Views, 14 Replies

Viewport lagging when coordinate display updates

In selection mode when number on coordinate display always update viewport and selection rectangle lagging. If i use expert mode where coordinate display is hide, no lagging. Also if turn off coordinate display update using maxScript "disableStatusXYZ()" no lagging.

How i can turn off cursor position in coordinate display? Or fix lagging by other method?

https://youtu.be/E1XssmLvHZ8

3ds max 2020.1/ gtx1050ti/  intel xeon 2670/ win 10 1903

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Empry28
in reply to: Empry28

Now i use this

"macroScript DisableStatusXYZ
category:"DragAndDrop"
toolTip:""
(
toolmode.commandmode = #select
disableStatusXYZ()
)
"

With shortcut on Q

But maybe u know better solution how turn off position cursor or how to fix lagging without turning off position cursor

Message 3 of 15
hagen.deloss

Hi @Empry28 

Thanks for bringing your question to the forums, it looks like you are visiting as a new member to the 3DS Max forum. I want to extend a warm welcome to the Autodesk Community!

The issue is that the selection tool is encountering lag, correct? And the only way you have found to alleviate the lag is to turn off the Coordinate Display Tracking using the Maxscript you posted?

I assume this lag is happening with all your scenes in 3ds Max 2019, does the lag happen more noticeably when your are trying to select more objects? Have you noticed any of your files growing in size, or are there no other symptoms? 

What graphics card is running on this machine? Have you noticed this issue on other computers you work with, or just this one?

I look forward to hearing back from you 😄 

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 4 of 15
hagen.deloss

@Empry28 

Any ideas or questions on my previous post? It would be helpful if you had time to give an update, that way other Community Members can benefit from your process 😄

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss

Message 5 of 15
Empry28
in reply to: hagen.deloss

Hi @hagen.deloss. Glad to see you. 

"The issue is that the selection tool is encountering lag, correct? And the only way you have found to alleviate the lag is to turn off the Coordinate Display Tracking using the Maxscript you posted?

I assume this lag is happening with all your scenes in 3ds Max 2019" Yes it is. I trying 2019 and 2020.1, lagging both. Its no only selection tool lag, when i orbit scene lagging too. Its look like micro freeze

"does the lag happen more noticeably when your are trying to select more objects?" empty scene lagging

" Have you noticed any of your files growing in size" maybe yes/ 100-200 mb 

"What graphics card is running on this machine?" Geforce 1050ti 4gb 

" Have you noticed this issue on other computers you work with, or just this one?" I try 2015 max on other computer with worse performance (geforce 650 and i7) no lagging

Message 6 of 15
hagen.deloss

Hi @Empry28 

My first thought is there is an antivirus software running in the background that interfering with Max processes, I would check out this article. It could also be a Windows Firewall issue, here is an article regarding that

Are you on a school computer?

Lets start with exploring these potential causes and go from there.

Hagen Deloss

Message 7 of 15

I'm experiencing the exact same issue with 2020.2. I just installed it, vanilla/no 3rd-party stuff. It's a 100% repro. If I go into expert mode everything works nicely, once back selection and orbit tool get extremely sluggish. It must be related to the mouse coordinates display as the issue disappears if I have any object selected and Select and Move is active.

I'm running on Windows10Ent, GTX 1070, latest drivers are installed. This is not a school computer and there isn't any antivirus software installed.

Is there any solution to this?

Message 8 of 15

Another thought:

Any fancy pointing device (space pilot) you use, or just a standard optical mouse? Using a graphic tablet?

Mouse driver checked?

Could be another one of this strange QT related issues that manifest on specific setups, but not on others.

Message 9 of 15

Valid point! Actually I do have a Wacom and a flight stick but both are unplugged. My mouse is an older wired R.A.T. TE and it runs on the official driver for Window10 x64.

I'll try to uninstall drivers for the tablet and joystick to eliminate any interference from those sources.

Message 10 of 15

Unfortunately the issue remains resident after uninstalling all mentioned drivers. So I'm still without any real solution, but willing to do more testings should there be other ideas.

~Cheers, Killian

Message 11 of 15
r.orhun

Problem is your mouse settings, if using gaming mouse you have to change your polling rate 1000hz to 125hz.

Capture.JPG

Message 12 of 15
hellwig.johannes
in reply to: r.orhun

I had the exact same issue with a Logitech G900 and been trying to solve this all day long. I'm glad to report that @r.orhun's solution works! It's a shame though that I need to assign a new profile just for Max. It would be nice if this could be fixed within Max (like max only taking 125 steps from the 1000 reported or something). Thanks anyways!

Message 13 of 15
tophattwaffle

Confirming that even in 3ds 2021.3 this is still an issue. Changing my mouse polling rate from 1000 -> 500 resolved it for me.

Message 14 of 15
oletommy1990

Hi, im having the exact same problem using a logitech g903 on two of my computers :). i have to lower the polling rate to 125 for it to disapear, my mouse gets slow and unbearable to use. When i use disableStatusXYZ() everything runs smooth but it enables it self after a while and i have to do it again. Is there som way to disable disableStatusXYZ() permanently?i cant find any settings for it. Thanks 🙂

Message 15 of 15
autodesk
in reply to: hagen.deloss

Having this same problem.

Not using a logitech mouse. Using the same mouse I've used since Max 2014. Just updated my 2021 with the current security fix 2021.3.2, updated my graphics card NVIDIA Studio 462.59, not running a firewall ... something just broke.
Even an empty scene I can't smoothly orbit around in.

Putting it into expert mode doesn't alleviate the problem either.

The only thing I can think of is I was messing around a few days ago rendering out some stills and I changed my rendering/lighting? But that's in a completely different scene and I've totally reset my 3ds max.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report