Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trojan:Win32/Bearfoos.A!ml

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
whitebirchstudios
480 Views, 3 Replies

Trojan:Win32/Bearfoos.A!ml

the Autodesk Desktop Connector installed something today (Autodesk Identity Manager), and now Windows is flagging a threat. Also, my V-Ray stopped working, which I can only think is related.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

False positive maybe?  I have looked for a couple days for other issues like this one and I can't find any.  Also, you may not have a trojan, sometimes a false positive can trigger just trying to access the license server and failing.  Run a system scan with whatever you use and as long as everything is working, I think you're probably ok.  

Although... you do mention constant computer problems.  If you have been rootkitted with a firmware worm, trojan, malware, w/e, that might explain some of your weird issues.  Personally though, I think you're probably fine.  If that file was quarantined (should have been) and everything still works, then you can probably rest easy.  (I can't say for sure, nobody can though.)  

If you end up reinstalling windows out of paranoia, make an image with Macrium reflect so you can go back in time easily. 

Best Regards,

Alfred (AJ) DeFlaminis

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

View Max Tips/Tricks Megathread
Message 3 of 4

Whatever it was, it's gone now. I already reinstalled Windows a few months ago, and the issues I was having have not gone away. I think it is a DELL/Windows/Autodesk thing.  

Message 4 of 4

Well that's good.  Thanks for the update, at least you're back to productive.  

Best Regards,

Alfred (AJ) DeFlaminis

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

View Max Tips/Tricks Megathread

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report