Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this should be an easy one...

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
grue1970
584 Views, 5 Replies

this should be an easy one...

i accidently deleted the button on my toolbar that is called "toggle ribbon".  i'm not sure where to find that button, what tab and category it's listed under.

does anyone know?

3ds Max all versions past and present | GPU Rendering on 2 machines | Standard, MentalRay, MentalRay IRAY, IRAY+, VRAY, Arnold
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Pac_187
in reply to: grue1970

Main UI -> Ribbon -> Show Ribbon

Though it will not have the icon, couldn't find a way to restore it, since the new icons are not listed in the "Edit Button Appearance..." menu.

Message 3 of 6
vusta
in reply to: Pac_187

it's there..just playing hard to get...just select Image Button (might have to switch back and forth between Text Button and Image Button for it to kick in), Change Group to Ribbon...then there should be just one icon....

Also change the Tooltip to Toggle Ribbon

Message 4 of 6
grue1970
in reply to: vusta

thanks.  my button is totally gone.  i accidently removed it as i was removing some other buttons via right-click > delete button. i can't where it is in the right-click > customize.

3ds Max all versions past and present | GPU Rendering on 2 machines | Standard, MentalRay, MentalRay IRAY, IRAY+, VRAY, Arnold
Message 5 of 6
vusta
in reply to: grue1970

Customise User Interface>Toolbars

hit s, scrolldown to Show Ribbon, drag it up into just left of the 'wavy' graph button...do the rest as per previous posts...

Message 6 of 6
grue1970
in reply to: vusta

ha!  sweet.  thanks.  i never thought of "show"  - toggle, yes, haha but not show.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report