Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution: MMB Pan in UV editor not working - Logitech Software

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
445 Views, 4 Replies

Solution: MMB Pan in UV editor not working - Logitech Software

I just discovered that occasionally, the MMB refuses to work as expected especially inside the UV Editor.  When I press the MMB, the little hand icon in the lower right corner blinks momentarily but does not stay ON and the pan function using the MMB doesn't work.

This was driving me insane for about an hour then I stumbled upon the fix.

Solution:

If you have a Logitech mouse, the Logitech Gaming Software (LCore.exe) occasionally has a spaz attack and screws up system wide with varying behaviors across different apps.  In Max UVW Editor it does as described above and Pan stops working as well as any function using the MMB.  To fix this, kill the Logitech Gaming Software or restart it and everything returns to normal.

I hope this spares others the frustration I went through when this happened to me.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

Thank you for posting this and being a proactive member of the community.  There is a limitation of the forums where the original post cannot be marked as the solution.  I wonder, would you be willing to reply in this thread with the same info and you or I can mark it as a solution?  This way you get credit for your great addition to the community and people who search for this issue with 'solved threads' will find it more easily.  Thank you very much for doing that!  

EDIT: Spelling.  

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

As per request, this is the solution part of the initial post:

Solution:

If you have a Logitech mouse, the Logitech Gaming Software (LCore.exe) occasionally has a spaz attack and screws up system wide with varying behaviors across different apps.  In Max UVW Editor it does as described above and Pan stops working as well as any function using the MMB.  To fix this, kill the Logitech Gaming Software or restart it and everything returns to normal.

I hope this spares others the frustration I went through when this happened to me.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

No problem - done.
Message 5 of 5
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Thank you very much for doing that @Anonymous and thank you for your contributions to the community.  You are appreciated.

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report