Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siger Studio has quit working in 3ds max 2018

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
remodeler8
9164 Views, 9 Replies

Siger Studio has quit working in 3ds max 2018

Hello,  I need help to figure out how to get past the following message when I try to use a material in Siger Studio: Exception occurred: The component 'CmppMax2.MainUI' does not have a resource identified by the URI "CmppMax2;component/mainui.xaml'.  The program was working until recently and I don't remember doing anything to change my configuration of 3ds max or this plug-in.  I have tried everything I can think of including removing the program, reinstalling it, repairing it, re-downloading and reinstalling all to no avail.  Can someone please look at this message to see if they can spot why the program no longer works.

Thanks,

Tom McKinney

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hello @remodeler8,

I think your best bet here is to contact Siger Studio directly for support on this since it's a 3rd party product.  I don't have any notes or suggestions for this particular error as it's referencing one of the CMPP files directly.  My best suggestion on the Max side is to reset your user settings.  

Have you recently done any Windows updates or install any new software that might conflict?

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 10

Hello @remodeler8,

I just wanted to follow up here, any thoughts on my previous post? Thanks for the update!

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 10

Hi AJ,

I contacted Siger Studio and they responded with the information that there should be a dll file only for the 2018 version of 3ds Max.  I have both the 2017 and the 2018 versions so I deleted the dll for the 2017 version and the program now works.  Thanks for guiding me to them for a solution.

Tom

Message 5 of 10

Hello @remodeler8,

Thanks very much for the update on this, I'm really glad to hear it's all worked out now!  I really appreciate you including the details for the next person with this problem, kudos!

Best Regards,

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hi,

I need help to figure out how to get past the following message when I try to use a material in Siger Studio: Exception occurred: value cannot be null

Parameter name: The path argument was null or withespace

The program was working until recently and I don't doing anything to change my configuration of 3ds max or this plug-in. I have tried everything I can think of including removing the program, reinstalling it, repairing it, re-downloading and reinstalling all to no avail.  

Message 7 of 10
michaelroyle
in reply to: remodeler8

Where can I find the dll file for 2018 to install Sigershaders? Can you please point me in the right direction.

Regards

Mike

Message 8 of 10
web28_bahrami
in reply to: Anonymous

Patrizia,

Did you came up with a solution?

Thanks

@Anonymous 

Message 9 of 10
remodeler8
in reply to: web28_bahrami

Yes, the problem is solved and I am now using 3ds Max 2020 and Siger Studio works perfectly in it.

Thanks

Message 10 of 10
vitalijpopenuk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, I got the same error, did you find a solution to this problem and could you help me with a solution? ( sorry for my english )

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report