Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing material libraries from the mat.browser

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
p_kranz
8258 Views, 5 Replies

removing material libraries from the mat.browser

hello

How do I remove material libraries from the Material Browser window? I added several libraries (marked with red dots) some time ago but later on moved the files around folders and the paths are no more valid so I would like to remove them from the Browser leaving only the Max's default ones.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_Patton
in reply to: p_kranz

Right mouse click on the library and select the "Close Material Library" option.
Message 3 of 6
p_kranz

Right mouse click on the library and select the "Close Material Library" option.

well, i know it sounded like a very noobish question but i don't have such an option there.
I was accustomed to the material editor from both max 2009 and 2010 but this one from 2011 is kinda different. Dunno what am I missing... :<
Edited: this is strange, bcoz as you can on the screenshot this option is unavailable in compact editor but appears in the slate editor. Why is it so?

Message 4 of 6
Steve_Curley

Ahh - after much headscratching I see what you're doing. The Browser you're seeing is for SELECTING a material, not for maintaining the libraries. Rendering > Material/Map Browser will give you the full one.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 6
p_kranz

Ahh - after much headscratching I see what you're doing. The Browser you're seeing is for SELECTING a material, not for maintaining the libraries. Rendering > Material/Map Browser will give you the full one.

Thanks, solved. (imho it's a bit weird that you cannot do it from the "selecting" menu, as it can be done while using the slate version).
Message 6 of 6
Steve_Curley

Because the one inside slate is the same one as the one you get from the Rendering Menu - if you close the one in Slate, the "tick" by the option on the Rendering menu disappears.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report