Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ParamBlock2 error

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
whitebirchstudios
3653 Views, 11 Replies

ParamBlock2 error

I am getting this error on all my backups.

Capture.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Just to clarify. Not all my backups. All my backups from one job. I ended up merging things, one-by-one and it was caused by one little object. How can a little piece of geometry break a large model and it's backups.

Message 3 of 12

This is related. I can no longer merge or open files that were working fine before SP3. Here is a RailClone file I use all the time, but now with SP3, it crashes MAX.

Message 4 of 12

Hello @whitebirchstudios,

Thanks for your patience here, I've been backlogged a bit this past week.  I've gone ahead and taken a look at your file at home where I have a licensed copy of RailClone Pro.  (Just to be sure.)  I can confirm that I had no errors when I opened it with SP2, then I upgraded to SP3 and tried again.  Again, I could open it without an error.  (But it does hang for a bit on open)

So, there must be a conflict with another plugin or a material of some type, those are the most common causes for this issue.   The plugins that come up with "missing" errors for me when I open the file may be at the heart of the problem.  Those plugins are, Berconmaps_2017 (I never installed it yet), RichDirt2, and Colorcorrect.dlm.   I'm not sure what the ColorCorrect one is about, is that an extension to the regular color correct node?  I would try to remove those one at a time and see if the problem resolves.  I think I can safely rule out Railclone provided you have the latest version (unless it's conflicting with those plugins that I don't have.)

Best Regards,

Message 5 of 12

I left my machine for a while and when I came back the scene had frozen... so maybe there is a railclone problem in there somewhere.  Are you find similar results?

Best Regards,

Message 6 of 12

Often MAX seems to freeze with the 'not responding' in the title bar. Sometimes I can wait 15-20 minutes and it revives itself, but usually I can't wait and kill MAX. It is faster to kill and restart than to wait, especially a lot of the times it doesn't come back to life. This RailClone file literally has two boxes, which is what is causing MAX to choke. I can merge everything but one of the boxes. It could be a material on the box, but it is just the box. 

MAX has a color correct, but there is also a more robust color correct script, which I stopped using, because it isn't worth the hassle waiting for the developer to port it over to new releases.

Message 7 of 12

I checked your logs today (was at home yesterday while car in shop) and it was berconmaps that were crashing 3ds Max.  I just thought you should know.  So it looks like it was the material.  I don't have bercon installed at home on 2017 yet but hopefully this is resolvable because I love those maps. 

Wasn't aware of the other color correct script, but with any luck it was just a conflict between that and bercon.  

Best Regards,

Message 8 of 12

You can't uninstall it, you can just remove the plugin from the folder. It worked fine pre-SP3, so something happened there. So much relies on it I can't imagine all hell doesn't break our for people using MAX 2017. Right now, I can't open any models pre-SP3. I can't merge or open, even with the plug-in removed.

Message 9 of 12

I'm happy to help try to solve your issue but if caused by a 3rd party script/plugin there may not be a simple solution.  I have set up a private folder for you if you'd like to upload your files there. You should get an email about it shortly, and if you don't see it please check your SPAM folder. These files are private and will not be shared with anyone but yourself and the support staff. 

I will take a look but the last file I was able to open without getting an error message as described in your original post here.  That may mean you have two plugins that are conflicting somehow.  I'm happy to look into it however.

Best Regards,

Message 10 of 12

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on your issue?   If you'd like I can make a private folder and I'd be happy to open any scenes causing issues and remove the problems so you can get in them.  I didn't have any trouble opening the first one.  Just let me know if you'd like me to do this.  

Best Regards,

Message 11 of 12

It hasn't happened again. MAX is still crash exit on exit, sometimes, but nothing is being curupted.

Message 12 of 12

Thank you very much for the update @whitebirchstudios.  I'm glad it's settled down here.  If you find yourself in a bind again, just let me know I'll help in any way I can.   

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report