Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 3ds max 2017 is crashing when i try to animate an weapon with the biped

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Mircea24
2424 Views, 11 Replies

My 3ds max 2017 is crashing when i try to animate an weapon with the biped

My 3ds max crashes when i try to move or rotate any  bone of the weapon + if i save the scene  i can't reopen it, only to merge import it into another scene! 😐  this is happening only when i use auto key on if is not on it wont crash
If someone can find me an clue  how to fix this it will be awesome! Thank you 
Here is the scene file! http://www.mediafire.com/file/1weh3g9b0hg9p5g/ROMS_Glock_18.max 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Mircea24
in reply to: Mircea24

Well the scene is not opening if i got the hands attached to an ik object 😐 but i need it to be liked to an object so i can animate ! **** bugs

Message 3 of 12

Hello @Mircea24,

I'd like to help you with this issue.  When I try your file with autokey on it doesn't crash for me.  I wonder, do you have the latest Service Pack for 2017?  (Sp3)

I wonder if somehow your installation has been corrupted.  I may be moving the wrong bones however, can you please name one of the bones that crashes when you move it?  I will try to repro your condition.

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 12

The "main gun bone"! Have you been able to open directly the scene? if you have been it means that my 3ds max is broken\corrupted some how
Message 5 of 12
Mircea24
in reply to: Mircea24

oh well i manage it some how to do a fix but the old scenes do not work couse of the corrupted biped! I looked into this rig  XD and i was able to do the same to mine https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?73799-4-8-mannequin-3ds-max-CAT-Rig  ! But still thanks for the  Replay

Message 6 of 12

Okay now what? What else can it do? Smiley Indifferent
Before IlXNsNq

After  DtjHGW2

Message 7 of 12

Wops posted it 2 times Q.Q

Message 8 of 12

Hello @Mircea24,

Strange.  After playing for another chunk of time, I was able to start to repro your crashes.  If I saved down to 2016, it crashed when I tried to open as you are describing, but not in 2017.  

The hand controllers on the bip have gone a bit wild, and they are central to the problem you are having.  Specifically, deleting the bones named: Right_Hand_C-A and Left_Hand_C-A.  I think they are broken or improperly configured and causing the crash.  If you delete those two helpers, do you see the scene stop crashing too?   

Best Regards,

Message 9 of 12

yes and if i unlink the hands too! But i was able to do a small trick in 3Ds max 2010 trial xD and it works to good and with the same controller bones!!  

Message 10 of 12

Hello @Mircea24,

Great!  Does that file open in other versions?  Or is that trick in 2010 what might have caused the problem in 2017?  Just want to make sure you're set.  Everything working for you now?  If you detail what you did I'll mark your post as the solution (or you can) so future users can benefit.  Good work!

Best Regards,

Message 11 of 12

The biped i made in 2010 is actualy more stable than the one in 2017 idk  why! Maybe my max 2017 does not like his biped? but likes other versions(like 2010's)? But it works verry well now! i did the links times and times over than animate it and move it and no crash! Odd 😕 But is good couse i was able to find a way to re rig my other character too xD! But still thanks for the time to respond me!

Message 12 of 12

Hello @Mircea24,

Of course, I'm here for you all day every day.  Smiley Very Happy

The only thing is that I'd like to see if your new method is opening in 2017.  If there is a problem, I want to log the bug but I'm not sure exactly what happened in the scene.  Is there anything you can expand on?  It not, no biggie and I'm glad you're set.  But if there is a problem I am interested.  It could have been just one of those things, but if it's happening 100% of the time I can take steps on this end to report it and correct it in a future update. 

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report