Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse pointer disappears periodically in 3DS Max

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mopsyatina228
11250 Views, 8 Replies

Mouse pointer disappears periodically in 3DS Max

While working with the scene, the mouse pointer may stop showing, at all, the problem is solved only by restarting the program. The pointer is invisible, but still interacts with the interface

-------------------------------------------------

Во время работы со сценой может перестать отображаться указатель мыши, совсем, проблема решается только перезапуском программы. Указатель невидим, но все еще взаимодействует с интерфейсом

Your post subject line has been edited by @hagen.deloss: The mouse pointer disappears periodically /Периодически пропадает указатель мыши

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

what version of windows do you have and what is make of your mouse? from what i read online you should update your mouse drivers,

i am not sure if this is relevant because it's autocad, it should be the same opinions in max if not then sorry. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Disapp...

Message 3 of 9

I'm using windows 10. I have not upgraded the mouse driver (fornication) yet, I've trusted the OS. Apparently it's worth fixing. The fact is that the mouse is working, and outside the window 3Dc Max cursor does not even disappear. The whole problem is that you can not see the cursor in the program window visually, which really hinders.

Message 4 of 9

from what i read online you need to update the mouse drivers, where does the mouse cursor disappear when your selecting the Viewports? or selecting an options example the move tool. you could try resetting the user profile see it that helps. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Resett...

Message 5 of 9

In my opinion, most often it disappears during the rotation of the perspective cube. That is, I pull for him a pointer, and he disappears. Both in the displacement mode and in the selection mode.

Message 6 of 9

Hello @mopsyatina228

It looks like you are visiting as a new member to the 3DS Max forum. I want to extend a warm welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Did you get a chance to look into updating your mouse drivers as @irishman_team_kilber suggested? If so, what were your results? If this didn't resolve the issue, It could either be a UI corruption, or a graphics card issue. Would you mind telling me what graphics mode you are running in, and the type of graphics card you are using?

You could also try resetting your user profile back to default, here are the steps on how to do that (keep in mind you will need to re-link any plugins you are using).

I hope these suggestions help, talk to you soon!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 7 of 9

Some people suffer this problems and searching answer to these questions but there are not finding the right answer. Don't worry if you want to resolve this problem then this blog is very helpful for you! 

Read here  https://www.waybinary.com/mouse-pointer-cursor-disappears-in-window-10-chrome

Message 8 of 9

SOLUTION: Navigate the invisible mouse cursor to the view cube and do a tiny rotation. The mouse cursor should now be visible on screen again. If not, restart the specific file-instance of 3DS max. 

Message 9 of 9

tks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report