Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minus Icon when I orbit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
AlexAbarca
391 Views, 3 Replies

Minus Icon when I orbit

Any one knows how to fix this, the minus symbol prohibits me to orbit in default ortho.

Capture.JPG

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: AlexAbarca

Hi, i never saw this problem before, i think we will need a little bit more informations.

What is the version of your 3ds Max? And all updates are installed?

Are you using a 3d mouse or some kind of space navigator? Make sure the latest drivers are installed

Is it an old problem you have since the installation or this is a sudden problem?

Maybe you just need a reboot of 3ds Max.

Is it possible to orbit with ALT+MMB?

You can also use the viewcube to orbit.

And of course, the mouse could be the problem, you can try a new mouse just to test.

You can try to reset 3ds Max to the default settings, heres the procedure.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Resett...

Message 3 of 4

Hello @AlexAbarca,

I'd like to help you with this but I'm going to agree totally with @Anonymous.  I also have never seen this happen before and all his suggestions are spot on.  Please let us know if they fail.  

I'm inclined to think this minus symbol isn't come from 3ds Max, but from Windows.  Are you running bootcamp or anything like that?  Is 3ds Max running on your primary monitor?  Thanks for the information!

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 4

Hello @AlexAbarca,

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on your issue?

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report