Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max 2018 wants 2010 maps?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mkenwor1
325 Views, 3 Replies

Max 2018 wants 2010 maps?

Whenever I create a new project folder in max 2018, and/or set a project folder, it constantly gives the following errormessage2010mapserror.png

I generally create my project folders on a separate drive, so I don't know if that's the issue. I don't really believe I need these maps at this point, but it continues to ask for them anyway. Suggestions on getting rid of this? It's not harmful, just a nuisance.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

is this a tutorial file on did you buy it from another location? if it's a tutorial file then there would be a file including the texture maps, if you moved the file from one location to another then you will get that error message sometimes you will need to set a path back to the texture location then max will stop giving that error message unless you already did that?

It would be the same way if you bought the file.

Message 3 of 4

Nothing like that that I am aware of. I do a lot of tutorials from Pluralsight/Digital tutors, so I imagine that is possible. I just want to be able to shut that off since I am not referencing anything from 2010.

Message 4 of 4

Sorry i cannot help really on the old version which i am using, you have a check/tick box to stop them texturing maps appearing.

maybe someone with the lastest verison can help you disabled the texture box

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report