Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a built in Object Library?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
703 Views, 2 Replies

Is there a built in Object Library?

I've been working in 3DSM for about 6 months now. Previously I worked in Strata, and a feature it had that I can't help but think 3DSM MUST have is an Object Library that I can add to.

Please tell me there is a built in Object Library that I can add to and modify.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Once upon a time, long, long ago... version 5 or thereabouts, if memory serves there was a "model library" (a whole bunch of max scenes with a single object per scene, if you can call that a "library"). Only the one sighting - not seen since, I'm afraid.

You can easily create your own "library" by placing loads of models into a single scene from which you can merege them as needed. Or export them to a common format - with current versions of Max probably FBX would be the best choice.

There are some things built in like trees and plants (you can buy more I believe, if you need them) but not much else.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can easily create your own "library" by placing loads of models into a single scene from which you can merege them as needed....

That's What I'm doing now.

thanks for the info

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report