Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to freelance?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
403 Views, 2 Replies

How to freelance?

Hi! I'm new to the 3D modeling spectrum but I'm super excited to start and I'm just trying to figure out a career path. I've heard that you can make a living doing freelance work. What would that consist of? Selling models/rigs on sites? If so, what kind of sites would they be and how would I go about making money like that? Thanks!

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Posting content to "share sites" is more of a supplementary wage than an actual living.  As a living job you would be working directly with clients, providing content to spec.

Most who try to do this right out of the gate fail, as it requires experience they lack e.g. marketing, cultivating business contacts, setting charge rates, scheduling projects, taxes/account management (usually requires an accountant), legal issues regarding international work and liability (may require a lawyer), and so on.  If you have minimal experience in the field, do some work for someone else before you set out on your own.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
whitebirchstudios
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report