Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello from the 3ds Max Learning Team!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
melissa.lax
392 Views, 6 Replies

Hello from the 3ds Max Learning Team!

Hi 3ds Max Forum,

Just wanted to take the opportunity to say Hi! I'm Melissa, new Learning Content Curator for 3ds Max. 
My team and I are dedicated to helping you get the most out of your Max by providing you with the learning materials: online help docs, in-software tooltips/clips, tutorials, and articles needed to get you there. For 2017, we invite you to take part in shaping the future of your learning experience. We want to know what works well and what needs improvement, what you would like to see more or less of, which workflows or subjects to highlight, how you learn best... Good, bad, or indifferent we're there to hear you out and would LOVE to get your feedback. 

See you in the threads.

Best,

Melissa

Learning Content Curator
Live Design Group
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi, 🙂

could Autodesk make page tutorials from members for members..

not like official autodesk tutorials page

thank you

Message 3 of 7

Hi @BlackParasite.com,

Yes we invite contributors to AREA > http://area.autodesk.com/learning

Feel free to send me a message if you'd like to learn more. 

Best,

Melissa

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Learning Content Curator
Live Design Group
Message 4 of 7

Ms.Melissa

Thank you very much,

🙂

Message 5 of 7

Hi Melissa,

I am an Inventor user, trying to get nice renderings and some simple animations out of Max. We design machines used in production environments.

What I am missing is a very simple step-by-step video or document of how to import a model, put it in a scene and get a pretty nice picture.

It took me quite some time to get some results out of Max, still struggling with all the different options and possibilities.

There is a lot of learning material, no complaints there!

But mostly it is for Architecture (interior or outdoor), Automotive (outdoor), Game industry (everything people can imagine), small designs (mostly used indoors), but it is hard to combine all those disciplines for machines (indoor) in a production environment (no Revit).

It would be nice to have something "easy to use" in Max for these kind of designs and Inventor users.

Something like the "Making-of the 3ds Max Learning Channel Trailer"-tutorials would be a great start.

Regards,

Judith

Message 6 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: Judith.Hageman

@Judith - failing that, I'd recommend switching to Navisworks Simulate.  You can get good, even great, images and movies very quickly.  The downside is of course fewer options means more limitations e.g. material mapping onto surfaces is primitive at best.

But yeah - something a little more targeted towards those looking to integrate with the mechanical design side would be helpful.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 7
Judith.Hageman
in reply to: dgorsman

@dgorsman-  Thank you for your tip for using Navisworks.

I have looked at one of the samples (Ice Stadium) and I think that will work well for our bigger projects.

I have opened one of our own designs in Navis and made a quick-and-dirty 360° tour animation, works pretty quick. But than I miss a background environment.... My safety fence doesn't show...

So for more realistic pictures and to show how a design works I think Max is the best way. Now I just need to learn how.... Smiley Wink

Regards, Judith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report