Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change wireframe color in sub-object mode

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
6468 Views, 7 Replies

Change wireframe color in sub-object mode

Hello everyone,
 I am switching to 3ds Max and I was wondering if there is an option to change the wireframe color when you enter sub-object mode ( edge/vert/face mode ). Maya and XSI have that option but I can't find it in max.
Does anybody know if there is an option or a script ?
Thanks.

Top images - object mode

Bottom - vert mode

Example.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community,

I am rocking neon pink right now!  Instructions as shown below.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  

wireframe color.png

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Alfred.DeFlaminis,
 Thank you for your reply. The option that you are showing me is only changing the selection color. What I'm referring to is the following :

1. When a cube (for example) is sitting in the viewport, it's showing the wireframe that you specified (name and color tab).

2. When you select the cube the wireframe changes to white (default).

3. When you go in vertex mode ( by pressing 1 on the keyboard assuming the cube is in an editable poly) the wireframe stays white color. 

In Maya and Softimage XSI when you go from step 2 to step 3 the color of the wireframe is changing ( indicating you are in vertex mode ). In Max (as far as I am aware) the color stays the same for steps 2 AND 3 (regardless if you are in vertex mode, or in object mode). Yes, you can change it from the option that you showed me, but for both modes. I hope this makes sense.

Message 4 of 8
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Ah I see what you mean @Anonymous, in Max there is just the 1 color for that as far as I am aware.  

Best Regards,

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you @Alfred.DeFlaminis 🙂

Message 6 of 8
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

I wish I had better news for you there.  I did want to mention that you can use the Feature Request and see if this is something they'll do.  If you post the link here I'll vote on it with you!

Best Regards,

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Message 8 of 8
Alfred.DeFlaminis

I have voted for this issue!  Thank you for posting the link @Anonymous, I think it makes it easy for other users who find this thread to also vote.  Kudos to you!

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report