Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backburner server is not starting

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
1888 Views, 15 Replies

backburner server is not starting

Just bought my new HP Z 820 workstation , and installed 3ds max 2013 and backburner 2013 latest update , but the server file is not even starting , when i click on it is just does nothing , when I tried to uninstall , 1722 error appears , so I used the Microsoft fix tool to uninstall and re install again , but the problem still there . any solution ?

I am running it on windows 7 and i have made all the updates .
VGA Quadro 4000
inte Xeon
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
donied
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the manager starting ?
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: donied

Yes the Manager is starting
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

I am having the exact same problem. The manager is working but the server.exe is not. Launching in Admin mode doesn't solve the issue either. Uninstalling is causes the same error. I've even changed user security to have FULL control of the Backburner folder. Still no luck. Any suggestions?
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

it's odd that the BB server is working on our old PC machine which has also windows 7 , I tried everything , but the server just wont work on the new workstation Z820
Message 6 of 16
Doughboy12

Turn off IPv6
3ds Max 2012 Certified Professional
Windows 7 Enterprise 64Bit
Intel Xeon X5650 @ 2.67 x2 36GB
3ds Max 9 - 2013

I did , it is still not working
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

I tried uninstalling BB 2013 and installed BB 2012 and BB 2011 , and the server also did not Started, BB 2007 has starting but it is not recognizing Max 2013 project order , still looking for a solution
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

I dont understand how this gets passed testing. After searching the internet lots of people have had this problem and no one seems to come up with a real solution. Much like this thread.

IPv6 turning off didn't work for me either. I'll keep researching.
Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

I SOLVED IT! Well at least for my end, hopefully this will work for you as well...

Windows7 64x and Backburner 2013

What I did:
First, Do a search for "backburner.xml". Mine was found on C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\backburner

Second, Identify your MAC address. This can easily be done by viewing your "Network and Sharing Center", Click on the Connections link. The default is "Local Area Connection". You should see your Local Area Connection Status. Click on "Details." Your MAC address is your Physical Address line. EXAMPLE: 00-11-22-33-8D-F4 or something. Copy this address. (If you can't find it just search the internet how to get your MAC address.

Third, Open your backburner.xml file.

Fourth, Search for the string:
<ServerMAC>
It should be under the AppDetails Header.

Fifth, Make sure the ServerMAC address is the same as yours. If not, Paste your MAC address in this line. Should look something like this <ServerMAC>00-11-22-33-8D-F4</ServerMAC>

Save your XML file &#40;backup your original if you have doubts&#41;.

Now the server.exe in backburner should work. If it doesn't EMAIL me and we'll discuss more options. Teriander@gmail.com

Good luck!
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

Man , Thank you very much it did work , I really cant thank you enough

S
Message 12 of 16
hoganburrows

You are better than autodesk !
Message 13 of 16
jens.diemer

IMHO the backburner ID must not be the same as the MAC.

Problems with the ID can also be fixed by delete or rename the backburner directory in ..\AppData\Local
Jens

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://github.com/jedie/3dsmax_bugs | https://github.com/jedie/3dsmax_patches
Message 14 of 16
caeroa

Thank you. you saved me!!!
Message 15 of 16
Stanchion

This helped me out too. Thanks!
Message 16 of 16
ian
Community Visitor

Thanks for your write up.   

I ended up copying the XML file from another computer and deleted the old one and it worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report