Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backburner for 3ds max 2023

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tehts
841 Views, 5 Replies

backburner for 3ds max 2023

Hi,

May I know from where I can download Backburner for 3ds max 2023.3 ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tehts
in reply to: tehts

Hi,

no one replied, I think my question is wrong or I should ask which backburner version support 3ds max 2023.3? and where can I download it?

thanks in advance

Message 3 of 6
CAMedeck

You can find the latest version on the Autodesk App Store:

https://apps.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/en/Detail/Index?id=3481100546473279788&os=Win64&appLang=en

Keep in mind this is version 2019, so nothing has been updated on it for several years.  It is not really being supported by Autodesk any longer, so if you need something reliable you may want to consider purchasing an alternative like Deadline or Pulze.  

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
steve.johnson.WSP

Deadline is now free (I think you just have to have an aws account to download). We've been using it for our farm(s) for years and works much better than Backburner.

Message 5 of 6
CAMedeck

@steve.johnson.WSP you are correct, Deadline can be used for free on up to 10 render machines.  If you need to run it on more than that, you have to pay for it.  But it's only $48/node per year, which is pretty reasonable.  Pulze is $69/node yearly, and very easy to setup and use.  We just ran through a trial of it, and it went very smoothly.  

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6

I know they had bumped up the free node limit from 3 machines to 10 a while back, but I think as of fall 2022 its fully free.

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/media/aws-thinkbox-products-now-available-free-of-charge/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report