Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Tracker Disappeared

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Richardline
6850 Views, 7 Replies

Asset Tracker Disappeared

I'm unable to see my assest tracker. I've restarted max and my pc but still no help.

I moved to three monitors at the start of the week and it seems to have gone missing then. Is there any way to rest the window or move it back to monitor space?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
kennyj
in reply to: Richardline

Richardline,

Sometimes dialogue boxes and other windows get "lost" when multiple monitors are added/removed.

Activate the missing window (asset tracker), the immediately press Alt+Spacebar.  Then when the window pops up, select Move (M).  Usually the missing window will "snap" to the mouse, but if not then use the arrow keys to see if you can bring it back into view.

Hope this helps,

-Kenny

Message 3 of 8

Hello @Richardline,

If @kennyj's suggestion doesn't work for you, you can also get it back via scripts or by changing which is your primary monitor in windows temporarily and then changing it back. Resetting your user settings would also work, but is a bit heavy handed for this problem.  My method of doing it is Kennyj's.

Open Asset Tracker

Alt + Space

Press "m"

Down Arrow

Move the mouse and fixed.  

Kudos to Kenny, this is my favorite method as well because it works with other applications like my email and occasionally my mouse driver program at home will move to the wrong window and I use it for that as well. 

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 8

Hello @Richardline,

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on your issue?

Best Regards,

Message 5 of 8
Javadevil

So Asset tracker has been disappearing on me.  None of the solutions below works for me as I only have one monitor.

I did try using the Connecter app and it will bring up the asset tracker dialogue when merging files in. 

This is not the best work around there must be away to bring the asset tracking window back up without having to use a 3rd party app.

Message 6 of 8
bigonethegod

Change monitor orientation setting back and forth solved it for me. Asset tracking appears in the middle of the screen after set monitor back to normal orientation.

Message 7 of 8

I tried everything but only your one is my true solution! Thank you so much! 🙏

Message 8 of 8
srki.lp
in reply to: bigonethegod

Thank you so much! Have been trying for days to fix this and nothing helped but your solution!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report