Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DSMAX CAN NOT START UP ? VIRUS ?

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
hainamcad
5035 Views, 17 Replies

3DSMAX CAN NOT START UP ? VIRUS ?

Hello , my name is Nam , i come from Viet Nam

yesterday , when i turn on my computer at my office , computer can not login , i have to use task manager create new task : explorer.exe , today my computer can login but when i run 3dsmax *, 3dsmax can not start ??? and my computer begin delay ??? ? when i use task manager turn off 3dsmax , my computer no more delay ? is it virus ? can you help me ?

i found a solution is : i delete all file in *C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\ENU

I can not delete *__tempxxx.mcr file when 3dsmax starting , it recreate all mcr file in usermacro , i make a video here , you will see what happen with me , virus appear*at 01:27 in my video ,**if you can solve , please help me , thank you very much ,

i make a video here , you can see what happen with me , i belive it is virus 😞

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

If you run your virus checker on your computer then you would know if it's a virus and you can delete it, no autodesk or any official software contains virus unless you did not download it from an official site, and you used a peer 2 peer (torrent) which is illegal

if you cannot access your computer then i would take it to a friend who knows about computes or take it to a computer shop to get them to fix it.

from that warning message that is not a virus, you are trying to open it through the windows data applications and not through 3ds max itself.

MRC how to load

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-forum/how-to-load-and-run-a-mcr-script-file/td-p/5459471

Open Script

http://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-D14A8BBD-CFCB-4BB3-AC07-858BC09ACE05

MacroScripts for New Users

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/MAXScript-Help/files/...

Message 3 of 18
hainamcad
in reply to: hainamcad

yes ,i think this is new virus , my co-woker reinstall windown , but this is not good solution if virus attack again , if you have another solution please help me 

Message 4 of 18

stop trying to hi-jack someone else thread unless you have some infomation on how that help that person

if your friend reinstalled windows it's not a virus, i explanned and put 3 diffferent links up plus a video, all you have to do is either follow the window which shows you how to use the MRC script(s) or read the links

Simple as you think it's a virus then i will let someone else help you because you have not looked at the video or read the threads.

I don't even know why you are trying to delete anything unless you know what you are doing

Message 5 of 18
hainamcad

maybe my english is bad and you do not know what i mean , my 3dsmax can not startup , i dont want reinstall windown , i need another solution , thank a lot 

Message 6 of 18

once you friend complete formats the hard drive and reinstalls windows then you would need to reinstall 3ds max, if 3ds max wont start up then you need to tell us what the problem is or show us because we cannot see the computer 

Message 7 of 18

you cannot run scripts through notepad it need to be in the max if you watched the video or read the infomation that i have gave you links to

Message 8 of 18
hainamcad

no , i dont want run that  mcr , i show you how that __tempxxx.mcr recreate another mcr file , this is Endless loop , and i can not delete it , when 3dsmax load to 520mb , it appear and it make 3dsmax can not start up , i show you what happen with me , i know how to create and run mcr 

Message 9 of 18
hainamcad

maybe my english ang my explanation is not good , i ask a solution in cgtalk to see what happen with me , but they can not , i hope some one here can help me , or explain what happen with my computer

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=6&t=1457006

Message 10 of 18

last time i am explaining it to you once you format your hard drive everything is remove from that hard drive, it's like you have a new hard drive that you bought from the shop. there is nothing on it no virus no data no nothing.

So it cannot be a virus,

have you contact autodesk themselves or the place you brought 3ds max from? until one of the autodesk tech empolyees can see your thread there is nothing else i can explain

and if it was a virus and you run your virus checker on your computer you would know it's not a virus because your virus checker would warn you and it should quarantine it,

and if it was a virus then why would autodesk send you a virus infected program and no one else?

and why is no one on this community starting up more threads saying they have had a virus infected program autodesk would be sued and lose a lot of business and money from companies all around the world!

the only way you can get a virus if you downloaded 3ds max from a p2p (peer 2 peer) (torrent) autodesk would not risk there reputation in sending out virus infected programs.

Message 11 of 18

even on that community link you posted they say "its not a virus" there could be a problem with 3ds max 2014 and not a virus why are you continuing to say "it's a virus?" if you add the lastest service pack from the autodesk update page then the problem will be fixed if it has not been fixed then report it to autodesk and see if there is a fix out there.

Message 12 of 18

To save everybody's time, please no offence, but can you answer these questions;

Is all your software from legal, legitimate sources ?

i.e. Windows, 3DS Max and do you have a Virus Checking software which is legal and up to date as well ?

If your PC is for business, like mine, is, do not install any illegal software, period.  That way, if there are ANY problems, you'll know it isn't a 'Crack' copy causing you headaches.

Sorry if I might be causing you offence - I'm not accusing you of anything, but this is the first port of call, establishing your software's legitimacy.

-------------------------------------------------
3d rendering services
Asus X299-SAGE, 7980xe @ 4000mhz, Corsair Hydro H150i Pro,
1Tb Samsung M.2, 128Gb Corsair LPX DDR4,
2 x Nvidia RTX 3090 FE,
3DS Max 2023.1 (3DS Max 2022.3, 3DS Max 2021.3 as backup)
Windows 10 Pro.
Message 13 of 18

@JezEmin yes that is what i was trying to explain,

I don't even know why autodesk is replacing the corona plugin? even it's not apart of autodesk it's a third party plugin, maybe he/she needs to go onto that site and ask there or maybe you will know.and i don't even know why he is trying to delete the corona file!

I got pi*** off with him/her saying it was a virus, when eveyone on GCtalk said it was not one. and he/she was insisting it was one. 

All i see is he/she gets an error message on the video at 2 minutes and 8 seconds but i cannot read it because the screen is to small all i can read is 3ds max says do you want to end "3ds max.exe something about you will lose your scene" or something like that  the rest is unreadable"  it's just a standard error message

and no virus warning even.

Message 14 of 18

Hello @hainamcad and welcome to the community,

First, I'd like to apologize that you experienced such a long delay before you got a reply here.  I'd like to help find an answer for you. Are you still having this issue?

This exact same thing happened to me at home recently.  The problem turned out to be my Anti-Virus software.  (Avast.)  I believe what happened was I was delaying a windows update and my Avast updated while I was waiting to reboot from a Windows Update.  This caused the problem exactly as you described it, a Xtemp.mcr file that kept getting created.  

It took me 3 days to figure out what was wrong.  The solution for me was to uninstall my anti-virus, reboot windows, test Max (was working fine), then reinstall my anti-virus.  After that, everything worked fine.  In the end, this isn't a Max problem most likely, but a Windows problem with permissions and real time scanning.  Which Anti-Virus do you use?

Best Regards,

Message 15 of 18

Hello @hainamcad,

I just wanted to follow up here, any thoughts on my previous post? Thanks for the update!

Best Regards,

Message 16 of 18

Hello @hainamcad,

I just wanted to follow up here, any thoughts on my previous post?  

There *is* a virus going around in China and parts of Asia that attacks 3ds Max and I've gotten a couple reports of it.  The symptoms in this thread though are not exactly what is described with that virus, so I strongly believe my previous post actually addresses this issue.  Can you please verify that @hainamcad?

Best Regards,

Message 17 of 18

Hello @Alfred.DeFlaminis

Thank you very much , i reinstall win 10 and everything is ok 

Best regard

Message 18 of 18

Thank you for the update @hainamcad.  That's certainly the nuclear option but I'm glad that it's working for you now.  

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report