Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dsmax 2018 - Excuse Me, i seem to be looking at 2017

176 REPLIES 176
Message 1 of 177
jacob
13669 Views, 176 Replies

3dsmax 2018 - Excuse Me, i seem to be looking at 2017

Dear Autodesk.

Thank you for my update email. I have downloaded and installed my 3dsmax update. I do however seem to be looking at 3dsmax 2017 with arnold included. Is this correct?

You need to get your new feature list online pretty darn quick because i cant see anything other than Arnold in my maintenance subscription update i just installed.

I think you may get just a smidge of backlash about this update if that's all it is, given ourselves and i think many others have moved onto Vray or Corona or FStorm or many other 3rd party renderers.

Screenshot 2017-04-12 13.38.05.pngScreenshot 2017-04-12 13.42.25.pngScreenshot 2017-04-12 13.38.11.pngScreenshot 2017-04-12 13.38.08.pngScreenshot 2017-04-12 13.34.12.pngScreenshot 2017-04-12 13.37.53.pngScreenshot 2017-04-12 13.36.11.pngScreenshot 2017-04-12 13.35.55.pngScreenshot 2017-04-12 13.34.34.png

176 REPLIES 176
Message 2 of 177
chris
in reply to: jacob

Perhaps there are some spectacular under-the-hood improvements.

Message 3 of 177
jacob
in reply to: chris

what like not crashing all the time

soo. so far its

Arnold

Workspaces

Quadify Mesh (is that new?)

oh and best of all - new icons in main ribbon

still looking. 

Can we get a refund on maintenance>?

autodesk is eleven days late for April 1st.

Message 4 of 177
MarkAldred

Have you checked for food-related splines?

Message 5 of 177
Noren2
in reply to: MarkAldred

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you checked for food-related splines?

Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 177
jacob
in reply to: Noren2

Autodesk, you didnt even change the icon or the splash screen. They are my most anticipated new features i look forward to Cat Indifferent

Message 7 of 177
spacefrog_

No one noticed that the Jewel icon ( aka "clown button" ) and the fat app frame is gone?

Smiley Very Happy

Josef Wienerroither
Software Developer & 3d Artist Hybrid
Message 8 of 177
jacob
in reply to: spacefrog_

Features galore!

Message 9 of 177
jcdeblok

There are some cool new features in there.. not sure what I can say about them until the official docs are up.. *cough*try enabling an animated object's trajectory/motion paths*cough* 😉

Message 10 of 177
stephen.d.green

Quadify mesh is not new, unless they've made drastic changes.

Message 11 of 177
SuperRune
in reply to: jcdeblok

@jcdeblok wrote:

There are some cool new features in there.. not sure what I can say about them until the official docs are up.. *cough*try enabling an animated object's trajectory/motion paths*cough* 😉

The new version is up for anyone to download and use, I see no reason why you should not tell! It would actually be very very helpful in terms of judging whether to actually install this thing..

Message 12 of 177
Ihno
in reply to: stephen.d.green

I hate that the command panel is wider now, I'm used to have two colums of it and this is eating too much of my view port.
I already thought I might skip this version because of that.
Adjustable trajectories are quite cool, though. I'm curious what else we got.

Message 13 of 177
SuperRune
in reply to: Ihno

@ihno wrote:

I Hate that the command panel is wider now, I'm used to have two colums of it and this is eating too much of my view port.
I already thought I might skip this version because of that.
Ajustable trajectories are quite cool, though. I'm curious what else we got.

Oh dear, I sometimes use three colums of the command panel for plugins like Forest Pack...

Message 14 of 177
jcdeblok
in reply to: Ihno

command panel is as wide as you want it to be.. lots of things can now be resized/docked/torn off etc, while not 100% refined yet it is a giant leap in modernizing the UI!   (no tearoff viewport yet unfortunately )

Message 15 of 177
SuperRune

@jcdeblok wrote:

command panel is as wide as you want it to be.. lots of things can now be resized/docked/torn off etc, while not 100% refined yet it is a giant leap in modernizing the UI!   (no tearoff viewport yet unfortunately )

Message 16 of 177
Ehsan.Sarahian
in reply to: SuperRune

You can see new features from here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/downloads/caas/downloads/content/download-and-install...

That's good update but seem not enough for a new version.

Message 17 of 177
jcdeblok
in reply to: Ehsan.Sarahian

@Ehsan.Sarahian wrote:

You can see new features from here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/downloads/caas/downloads/content/download-and-install...

That's good update but seem not enough for a new version.

Yeah I agree, and that's how it's going to be more and more with the point updates that are going to be released throughout the year. Features are now released when ready so the bump from the latest update to the next version is not going to be spectacular. Large things like the new UI and SDK breaking things are going to be in the 'new' year versions. And there is quite a lot of bugfixes and small tweaks

That all being said.. with the price hike and push for rental the we should demand *a lot* more! More developers, more freedom and budget for the max team, more cutting edge tech, etc..

Message 18 of 177
SuperRune
in reply to: Ehsan.Sarahian

I get a 404 on the english online help page, but I got this list off the downloaded help:

2017-04-12_screengrab_000190.jpg

2017-04-12_screengrab_000191.jpg

Message 19 of 177
MarkAldred
in reply to: SuperRune

What's new about motion paths? Have they just dolled it up and stuck a button somewhere?

Message 20 of 177
Anonymous

i would just be happy to see a lot of bugfixes cause 2017 was a total mess on every pc i installed it... even with all the sp, pu, security fix autodesk released it was so crash-aholic that i had to skip the release and never been able to use it, it never happened to see such a shameful release of max

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report