Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max project showcase!

72 REPLIES 72
Message 1 of 73
hagen.deloss
5919 Views, 72 Replies

3DS Max project showcase!

Hi 3DS Max Forums! 

I want to kick off a project showcase here on the 3DS Max forums! We have similar fun threads on other Autodesk forums like the Inventor Friday PicturesThis community is such a creative, inspiring space to be in, I wanted to see what y'all are up to in Max?!? Let's keep it simple the first time around, so here are some basic rules. 

• Limit to 5 images maximum per post 
  • Limit to 1 video per post 
  • Compliments over critiques 
  • Treat others with respect! Here is a complete list of forum rules 
  • You can post any creative project you are working on using 3DS Max in your pipeline, just make sure it doesn't conflict with the previously linked rules! 

I'm going to kick things off with a little project I did during my first month of training here at Autodesk. Super excited to see everyone's projects! 

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

72 REPLIES 72
Message 2 of 73
hagen.deloss
in reply to: hagen.deloss

I like to draw a lot. Actually before coming into this role at Autodesk, it's what I did for a living, and I LOVE IT. I'm really happy I have found a place I can be myself, and share my love of the creative industry with like minded people. Here is a concept I illustrated a few months ago in fact.

reference art.jpg

It's been a few years since I have touched anything in 3D, so I jumped with excitement to see some of the awesome new features in 3DS Max (and Maya).  I took the opportunity to Model up a character based off this illustration, which was a blaaast! I focused on my texturing and retaining my cartoony style with dot shading, and I'm hoping to find some time to polish and refine the character and make a little environment later on 😄

astromortis_rigged2_PhysCamera0010002.jpg

Also, attached is a lil 360 video. I hope y'all like this lil skeleton space friend!

I hope this 3DS Max community project showcase catches on!

Hagen Deloss

Message 3 of 73

Here is my most recent Max Fluids effortwaterSpinner_0150.jpgwaterSpinner_0230.jpg

Message 4 of 73

Another Max Fluids piece

Message 5 of 73

@Steven.Lees-Smith

I love the mat shaders you used on the ice cream and drizzle! It gives it a really neat 1950's Pharmacy and Soda shop feeling. SO GOOD! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Oh and that water spinner is very mesmerizing

Hagen Deloss

Message 6 of 73

Thanks for that, the spinning one.. yeh my computer was pretty dazed by the time it finally sim'd 😉

Message 7 of 73

Another Fluids render

Message 8 of 73

Nice stuff! I love this idea (5 for 5). It's always nice seeing what people are having fun with. I'll have to pull some things together. 🙂

Martin Coven
Senior Designer

Message 9 of 73
masterzap

...and I abused Hagens model and ran some OSL halftoning on top of it + some Arnold toon shading... and go this 🙂

toon3.jpgtoon4.jpg

/Z

Message 10 of 73

I was hoping this sim was going to go longer but the HDD filled up then corrupted the data and what I had rendered is all I have of it.  The smashing / violence of the collision is there, was just hoping to see the settling aspects of this.

Message 11 of 73

Advance Wood in 3ds max 2019 and rendering in Vray 3.6

Wood.PNG

Message 12 of 73

@Steven.Lees-Smith I don't think I could calculate all those splashy particles either, I can relate to your computer! Wow, super neat to see that amount of turbulence in a simulation, great stuff!

@marc.pat this is a great product rendering style! Nice even lighting, and that wood is nice and subtle. Do you do product rendering for your profession? What's your lighting setup in this scene?

Hagen Deloss

Message 13 of 73
marc.pat

@hagen.deloss 

@marc.pat this is a great product rendering style! Nice even lighting, and that wood is nice and subtle. Do you do product rendering for your profession? What's your lighting setup in this scene?

Hello Yes this is rendering from my profession, the lighting setup is vray light and Hdri .

Message 14 of 73

Testing out a massfx created rock wall and water leaking through it. The emitter for the particles was animated in size to see the full water build up behind it and then sized down to see just the water leaking slowly through the gaps. The next phase of this is the wall is going to collapse, just wanted to see how the initial look of this will be.

Message 15 of 73
logancorder

barrett308_render1.jpg

Just put this Barrett M82 together using some references from the_blueprints.com

As this is my second project, ever, this took me about a week to reach a suitable base model from which I'll model scopes, bipods, etc. onto its frame.

Pretty proud of it nonetheless 🙂

Message 16 of 73
hagen.deloss
in reply to: logancorder

Hi @logancorder

This is awesome!!!! Hard surface modeling is super cool, but also super hard, I haven't modeled anything in years, this may get me back into it 😄

Hagen Deloss

Message 17 of 73

An very old image rendered in good ol Mental Ray.

Screenshot-2018-6-24 Albumarchiv.jpg

Message 18 of 73

The Water Wheel is finally turning..  let me just say WOW.. and it has highlighted the need for me to look for a better machine!!

Massfx and MaxLiquid.

Message 19 of 73

Looks absolutely awesome. Guess this took a while to process!

Message 20 of 73
hagen.deloss

@aon.914858227

This is sooooo awesome! I want to get home and paint some fan art of this render!! Was it for a specific project you were a part of? It reminds me of something you would see in a Baldur's Gate game or something 😄

@Steven.Lees-Smith

YOU DID IT!!!! Hahaha this is good, must have taken all of your computers bandwidth, but it sure paid off. I'm Seriously happy you have been posting on here consistently; it really engages everyone to share more. I know I want to post another little scene I have been working on.

I want to mark everyone's art as the solution,  you all are rocking it!!!

Hagen Deloss

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report