Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max beta testers wanted

55 REPLIES 55
Message 1 of 56
Kelly_Michels
14130 Views, 55 Replies

3ds Max beta testers wanted

We are working on growing our 3ds Max Beta numbers and are in the process of recruiting new users. 

We are looking for active 3ds Max users that are helpful and able to contribute to the beta. If you would like to apply for the 3ds Max beta please email: me.beta.max@autodesk.com. 

Please include a very brief bio and any links to work samples as this is not an open beta call and available positions are limited. We will request that you complete a quick survey and the 3ds Max product designers will review the survey results for potential users and we will follow up with you directly. 

If anyone has any questions or feedback feel free to email me directly at: kelly.michels@autodesk.com

Kelly Michels
3ds Max Senior QA
3ds Max Feedback Community Manager
ECP Division Feedback Community Administrator
kelly.michels@autodesk.com
55 REPLIES 55
Message 41 of 56
Anonymous
in reply to: Kelly_Michels

Hello,  I have been working in 3D Studio since release 2 for DOS.  In 23 years, I have worked on many Video games, T.V. shows and Small (independent and Student) Film projects.  I am the owner of @NextWorldVR  Creating CGI Animation and Effects for Virtual Reality Video & APP development. 

I have extensive Hardware , multiple powerful workstations and the ability to test batch / Network rendering, inter-operability with Mental Ray, Vray / VUE Xstream, NVIDIA, etc. etc.  

I am now a Disabled (but hard working) Freelance Artist and would have the time to do some 'deep testing'.  I am very glad Autodesk is continuing to develop my Favorite Tolls at the studios and shops I have worked at. 

I have a very varied personal Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Digital3DFreemason

Perhaps this article written about my current and upcoming projects will tell you what you need to know about my relevance to AUTODESK:

http://www.axanarproductions.com/fan-film-friday-star-trek-beyond-antares-part-1/

http://www.axanarproductions.com/fan-film-friday-star-trek-beyond-antares-part-2/

My 74 year old Brother in Missouri, has worked in Autodesk AUTOCAD for over 25 years!  It's a Family thing!  

:")

Thank you for your time,

Robert 'Woody" England

Message 42 of 56
Wolf.Den.2014
in reply to: Anonymous

I've been working with 3DS since Discreet 3D Studio Max r3 back in the late 90's.  I'm always interested in helping companies develop software.  I am quite an accomplished hard surface artist, and working on learning organics and character modeling, rigging, and animation.

The figure is my current project, working on building a skeleton and then a control rig.

The second is an older project from last year, working on game environments.

If there are any positions available, I would very much like to participate

Message 43 of 56

Hello!

I have been using 3dsmax since 2013, am an english student who enjoy playing with 3dsmax.

i would like to test beta version of 3dsmax 2018!

thank you.

Message 44 of 56
Anonymous

3ds Max is a digital content creation software started its journey back in 1990, it has many advantages, like creating 3d printable parts in computer which can replace a part of human organ or sophisticate engineered device. Smiley Wink

Message 45 of 56
Anonymous

Hello Kelly.

I sent requests to both e-mail boxes. Please check.

pavel.3dtv

Message 46 of 56
RobH2

Yes, I'm still interested.

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 47 of 56
Anonymous
in reply to: info_1

I would like to participate in the beta testing program.

When Gary Yost and Tom Hudson introduced 3D Studio in 1987 I was on the Alpha and later Beta tester program, later I was hired by Autodesk to create tutorials for 3ds and 3ds MAX

My background includes video art, engineering post production system in Los Angels in the 1990's.

I focus is on find art for VR experiences.

MY prints are on lie at www.richardsherdigitalart.com

Message 48 of 56
nuno_moser

Hi @Kelly_Michels

Are you still looking for beta testers?

If you are I'm interested on becoming a beta tester.

Thank you

Message 49 of 56
kolobrzeg
in reply to: nuno_moser

Hello!

I am not - Autodesk is 😛

Regards,
Michael
Message 50 of 56
jibijib
in reply to: kolobrzeg

Did anyone get a reply for this?

Message 51 of 56
newkid
in reply to: jibijib

if you are still looking for testers  . . i'm in . .

Smiley Very Happy

Message 52 of 56
felix.dodd

Hi,

Is the new Beta more or less stable than 3dsMAX 2016? The reason I ask is that version 2016 might be worth looking at before testing a new version for market. 2016 is the most stable version to date but its still easy to invoke a hard crash (when MAX just vanishes) by simply opening the wrong dialogue at the wrong time....^^ so it may be worth building on that.... lol

Message 53 of 56
Anonymous

Please count me in. 

I began alpha testing 3ds DOS for Tom Hudson and Gary Yost in 1987. I have created tutorials, lectured and trained 3D artists, technical directors, owned and operated 3Space and video game and interactive content producer in the Los Angeles area. I design far-out art using MAX. I possess a entertaining style that inspires and entertains audiences through my historical associations with video production, video art and photography originating in the early 1970's.

Reach out to me through email/Skype

richard29sher@gmail.com

https://natureaway.wordpress.com/my-digital-artwork/

Richard Sher   

Message 54 of 56
pproestos

Using 3ds max from 1990 with 3d Studio for DOS.

I am using autocad for modelling and arnold for rendering.

I try always to install latest versions because I always want

to test the new features, to be comptetitive at my profession.

Finally as an architect, I use 3ds max mainly for exterior-interior static scenes.

Yes I would like to become beta tester.

thx.

*My personal web site is eezy3d.com

Message 55 of 56

Why has Autodesk been making some of the changes that users have been asking for in 3ds max for a very long time? + I'm wondering, maybe not all users report problems to developers? Can you find out in more detail what are the requirements for passing the 3ds max test? After parsing many programs that allow me to model personally, for some reason I still like 3ds max. Although many scold him that it has too many menu buttons, etc. compared to the same blender, I personally just like it. I have little experience in the practice of modeling as such, but I like to climb inside 3ds max itself, explore all sorts of options there, compare how it works in other programs in the same Maya, for example, or in blender. 3ds max lacks some features from Maya or blender for more convenient work. For example, the Pai menu or the ability to attach any editor windows to the main interface, as was done in Maya, in 2022 some editor windows can be done this way, but not all, for example, it cannot be done with the editor material. It seems to me that Houdini has the fastest technical support of all those involved in the development of 3D programs, they can generally make corrections or a complete revision of an idea in a couple of days, if it is not very long and is described in detail. Why isn't Autodesk running the same daily 3ds max builds? Maybe they're there for testing, I don't know. Why not make a so-called portable version, which could be simply unpacked without a full installation and simply activated under a license or in such a way that it is automatically activated by an existing license? In any case, after Autodesk made an indie license, I will work with 3ds max.

Message 56 of 56
RobH2

I'd be interested. I've been using Max since before it was Max and was owed by the Yost Group. Also, I'm a very active user here on the forums. Look me up here if you want. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report