Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max beta testers wanted

55 REPLIES 55
Message 1 of 56
Kelly_Michels
14005 Views, 55 Replies

3ds Max beta testers wanted

We are working on growing our 3ds Max Beta numbers and are in the process of recruiting new users. 

We are looking for active 3ds Max users that are helpful and able to contribute to the beta. If you would like to apply for the 3ds Max beta please email: me.beta.max@autodesk.com. 

Please include a very brief bio and any links to work samples as this is not an open beta call and available positions are limited. We will request that you complete a quick survey and the 3ds Max product designers will review the survey results for potential users and we will follow up with you directly. 

If anyone has any questions or feedback feel free to email me directly at: kelly.michels@autodesk.com

Kelly Michels
3ds Max Senior QA
3ds Max Feedback Community Manager
ECP Division Feedback Community Administrator
kelly.michels@autodesk.com
55 REPLIES 55
Message 2 of 56
lightcube
in reply to: Kelly_Michels

Kelly,

Autodesk bounced a message to your email address listed above. The one for me.beta.max@ seemed to go through.

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Message 3 of 56
Kelly_Michels
in reply to: lightcube

Looks like a typo, it's kelly.michels@autodesk.com

I did get your email at the other address.
Kelly Michels
3ds Max Senior QA
Message 4 of 56
senorpablo

Do beta members use the same bug reporting process as regular users? The bug reporting proceedure provided to paying customers is terrible; having to enter the same user info every single time is rediculous.

Message 5 of 56
office
in reply to: senorpablo

@senorpablo wrote:

Do beta members use the same bug reporting process as regular users? The bug reporting proceedure provided to paying customers is terrible; having to enter the same user info every single time is rediculous.

Strange. The bug report form remembers my settings. I am using the bug report form at http://manage.autodesk.com/

3ds Max subscription customer since 2010
| Max 2022.1 | AMD Threadripper 3970X 32-core | 64GB RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB | NVMe SSD Samsung 960 Pro | Win10 Pro x64 | Nvidia Driver 466.47
Message 6 of 56
dgorsman
in reply to: senorpablo

There are dedicated reporting systems in the BETA program, since they are using a non-public release.  Problem reporting associated with a BETA release falls under the NDA as it may contain details that are not public.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 56
Kelly_Michels
in reply to: dgorsman

We have an excellent group of beta testers, some of the best in the industry.  We are simply expanding the number of users.

Kelly Michels
3ds Max Senior QA
Message 8 of 56
jens.diemer
in reply to: office

office schrieb:

Strange. The bug report form remembers my settings. I am using the bug report form at http://manage.autodesk.com/

I use the same. But i don't know why AD communicate this not better.

Why is there http://www.autodesk.com/3dsmax-bugreport ?

For users without manage.autodesk.com access? OK, but why no info about this, better bug reporting page?!?

ads_michelk schrieb:

We have an excellent group of beta testers, some of the best in the industry.  We are simply expanding the number of users.

Now I know why max is such a bulletproof software Man Tongue

btw. Is there an allowance? I wonder often why I'm bother writing bug reports.

Jens

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://github.com/jedie/3dsmax_bugs | https://github.com/jedie/3dsmax_patches
Tags (1)
Message 9 of 56
jens.diemer
in reply to: jens.diemer

btw. IMHO: 3dsmax (and all other software out there) must have good unittests and automatic integration tests...

Yes, It's very costly to write tests, but it's well worth it! I know this from my own software development: Not tested software is broken software!

Jens

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://github.com/jedie/3dsmax_bugs | https://github.com/jedie/3dsmax_patches
Message 10 of 56
AJ104

I emailed the address provided, and I never received a reply.

AJ104

Message 11 of 56
Kelly_Michels
in reply to: AJ104

@AJ104, sorry I missed this, I just sent your invite.
Kelly Michels
3ds Max Senior QA
Message 12 of 56

Hello Kelly i want more informations about this. Can u send me?
marcelo.zacarias@gmail.com

Thanks

Message 13 of 56
RobH2
in reply to: marcelo.zacarias

Hi, 

It may be too late for beta this time but I'm always interested. I've used Max since before Autodesk owned it and it was 3D Studio by Kinetix. I've been an active participant on AreaMax (RobH2) and have over 700 posts and a good number of Kudos and Solutions. You can read a bit about me on my website at NVision4D.com

Thanks for the consideration. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2022-2024.2), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 14 of 56
Anonymous

Hi Kelly,

I am interested in knowing if I can participate on the BETA program. Currently I am working as QA at VIZPARK (www.vizpark.com) and we need to test our products on the 2017 platform to see the compatibility. As for my background on 3ds Max, I am kind of new user with 6 years of experience, but, the owner and the developers are seasoned ones with more than 15.

I am the responsible for requesting the Beta Test, but in case you want to confirm the other's background, just let me know and I'll put you in touch with them.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
Message 15 of 56
azhhael

Email sent to Kelly right now.

Thanx,

Ina
Message 16 of 56
Kelly_Michels
in reply to: azhhael

Ina,

Thank you for your email,I will follow up with you directly.

Kelly Michels
3ds Max Senior QA
Message 17 of 56
info_1

I'm beta testing 3ds Max 2017 with sp1 right now. I'm finding all kinds of new bugs. Can I get a t-shirt or something.

Message 18 of 56
tadopemu

I'd love to be a beta tester.
i'm a freelance artist. I've been using max since version 1.0 back in highschool and now I do primarily photorealistic arch rendering in IRAY. you can see my portfolio at tomiajayi.com though it's a bit dated at the moment.
Message 19 of 56
jibijib

"We have an excellent group of beta testers, some of the best in the industry."

I really beg to differ. There have been glaringly obvious bugs in all versions of Max that would've got me sacked or severely reprimanded in my days in QA.

Hopefully, recruiting beta testers will help you out to get rid of those bugs that have helped add 10 years onto me.

I can send you the list of quite severe bugs I have found after using 2017 for one week if you want?

Message 20 of 56
Swordslayer
in reply to: jibijib

Definitely go ahead and send it, or even better, make a new topic a link to it from here. I you can include additional details, sample scene, steps to reproduce, hardware configuration and graphic card drivers version, that would help, too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report