Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max Always Opening In Foreign Language (Korean?)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
13720 Views, 8 Replies

3DS Max Always Opening In Foreign Language (Korean?)

Even when selecting 3DS Max - English, doing a repair, a full reinstall as well, it's still opening in a language I assume to be Korean. Anything I can do about this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

How to change the language of 3ds Max

Issue:How to change the language of Autodesk® 3ds Max® and Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design.
Solution:The language of 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design can be changed by going to Windows Start > All Programs > Autodesk > 3dsMax /or Design
In this folder  all available languages can be found and be activated by just clicking on the icon.

Then put the correct shortcut on your desktop and you will be good to go

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

I repeat, even clicking on "3ds Max 2015 - English" will launch it in Korean...
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Sorry, Didn't mean to be reduntant - It's early/late!
what happens when you launch Korean?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Well I launch it, some rounded edges menu comes up, then I close it and I'm in the program fine, albiet in Korean. I obviously have no idea what the menu says.

I'm going to sleep now.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Here is another thought:

You can CHECK /or/ assign a language option to the startup shortcut, just look at the menu properties ( right mouse button on the start menu entries )

eg. to launch the English version the shortcut should look something like

...\3dsmax.exe /Language=ENU

french would be /Language=FRA etc...

Note also: ( It would be interesting to check this ) from the Windows registry - Mine is as follows:

When you use one of these 'language' options the currently used language is stored in the registry:HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Autodesk[]>3dsMax[]>18.0[]>CurrentLanguage=ENU

Also It would be interesting to check the "3DSMax.ini" file and see if / what directory's they are pointing to

Mine as example all point towards \ENU

PlugCFG=C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg

Additional Scripts=C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\scripts
Additional Macros=C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros
Additional Startup Scripts=C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\startup

I'd also check that in the 3DS Max install directory you actually have a folder named \en-US

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

When I add that to the shortcut target, it just says that it doens't exist.

EDIT: Changing the registry DID work though!

Message 8 of 9
triffski

Thanks davidveyhle - mine just spontaneously went all Japanese on me and reverted to defaults.

Got the UI back to normal now with the cmd line switch, just need to work out why Deadline still thinks I'm Japanese and Redshift is suddenly crashing.... 😞

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Surely this should have been fixed by now? Just running the trial but second time opening all in Korean and refuses to revert to English. You'll need to do better than this if you want my £2k. I shouldn't have to be going into the bowels of the programming to do this!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report