Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2020 won't start

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
982 Views, 1 Reply

3DS Max 2020 won't start

I received 3ds Max a few weeks ago for a job related project. I had no issues using it to model some simple objects until last week when it began to freeze and glitch up, and then shut down. Now when I attempt to open it I get the initial title screen which says "Initializing 3ds Max" which displays for about a minute before it disappears with no error message or the program opening. I really need some help here, this project needs to get done soon.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
irishman_team_kilber
in reply to: Anonymous

go to start run box type in event viewer then double on windows logs and then the same on applications, look for any 3ds max error or warnings windows will give you a short description of what is causing the error. run that error though google and it will likely give you an answer,

makes sure windows and your VGA card is upto date.  there are no service pack or hotfixes yet for 2020, my suggestion would be go back to 2019 until autodesk decides to bring them out that could be another 3 months but this is only a guess, could be even longer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report