Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2020 Menu Problem - Can't click on quad & viewports menu

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kou.t
2014 Views, 5 Replies

3ds Max 2020 Menu Problem - Can't click on quad & viewports menu

Hello,
Something went wrong after Windows 10 got itself updated lately. (Maybe not, but I noticed the problem after the update)
I used to press "V" to bring up the viewports menu to switch between viewports, but it won't work now. The same with the quad menu.
The menu looks normal, but I can't click on any of the buttons, 3ds max would freeze in this status, and I have to switch to another program to get it back to work.

I have found this post,
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-programming/3ds-max-2018-menu-problem-cant-click-on-sub-menus...
and thought that it may be a similar issue because I could select viewports in the test menu properly, but the "MenuShowDelay" script didn't fix my problem.

@roman_woelker @ihooper 

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
brentscannell
in reply to: kou.t

Hi @kou.t 

Can you confirm the exact windows version that you are using at the moment?

Are you by chance using a non english IME? You may need to may need to enable a special compatibility mode setting in windows:

1. Select Start, type Settings, and select it or press enter.
  2.  Type IME settings into the search box within Settings and select the IME settings that are appropriate to your language, for example Japanese IME Settings.
  3. Select General.
  4. Turn on Use previous version of Microsoft IME.

Reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4564002/you-might-have-issues-on-windows-10-version-20h2-an...

Message 3 of 6
DanielCantin

Similar post to Brent above, I deleted it

Daniel Cantin
QA, 3ds Max
Entertainment Creation Products, DCP
Message 4 of 6
kou.t
in reply to: brentscannell

It solved the problem.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
kou.t
in reply to: DanielCantin

Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
leejy3384

i have same problem but in my case i cant select previous ime 😞

this problem is second time in my work same problem in max2019  so, i change version to 2020 

i need some help plese. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report