Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2020.2 Perpetual Licence

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
curtisdesign
1357 Views, 10 Replies

3DS Max 2020.2 Perpetual Licence

Earlier on today I had to reinstall my version of 3DS Max 2020.2 because the updated Babylon.js plugin was crashing 3DS Max on start-up although it should run on 2020.2

I uninstalled 3DS Max but when I came to reinstall version 2020.2 is no longer available on my account. So the software I had installed, only this morning, purchased and legal it looks like I can no longer use. Has anyone else come across this issue?

Autodesk support have said they don't have access to older version updates. I feel like Autodesk have already had my money and now they don't want to know.

Any assistance to get my software back to where it was this morning would be greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
BenBisares
in reply to: curtisdesign

Best to get in contact directly for this type of thing. Go to the Autodesk Knowledge Network page and click on the "Contact Support" link in the lower right.

Ben Bisares
Message 3 of 11
curtisdesign
in reply to: BenBisares

Thanks @BenBisares  I have have a reply from support. I'm not happy with it at the moment as they aren't too sure they can give me access to the software I was legally using only last week. Another case of big corporate vs the little guy trying to do right.

Message 4 of 11
curtisdesign

Having been in touch with Autodesk support they appear to have gone quiet on me. So I'm now stuck with not being able to download the version of 3DS Max which I once had. Very, very annoying.

Message 5 of 11
curtisdesign

Just had another reply from support. They are now denying me access to update 2020.2, which I had installed before I went onto a perpetual licence. This company really does need to learn the meaning of customer service. Another freelancer screwed out of what they have legitimately paid for. No wonder people install cracked versions of software.

Message 6 of 11
Diffus3d

Maybe try Ava?  

Best Regards,

Message 7 of 11
curtisdesign

@Diffus3d I'll try anything to get back what I've paid for. A real AutoDesk person wasn't much use to me !!!

Message 8 of 11
curtisdesign

No joy. "Ava" just says to contact support. That's a complete waste of time. They've had my money and now don't want to know.

Message 9 of 11
BenBisares

@curtisdesign I've sent you a DM.

Ben Bisares
Message 10 of 11
Diffus3d

When I try it @curtisdesign , it does work.  Maybe your browser is blocking a necessary script or something?  

I typed the following: "download 3dsmax 2020.2"
Then "Start"

Then "I have an existing license"

Then "This computer"
Followed by "Continue within AVA"

And then I am able to download it.  

Where does it go wrong for you?

Best Regards,

Message 11 of 11
curtisdesign

Thank you  @Diffus3d  My issue is that only 2020 is available now as I have gone on to a perpetual licence after being priced out of purchasing further updates due to the subscription model. I had 2020.2 installed previously but had to reinstall over the weekend due to a plugin issue.

@BenBisares has kindly offered to look into this for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report