Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3Ds Max 2018 scene retro-compatibility

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ExBeast
701 Views, 3 Replies

3Ds Max 2018 scene retro-compatibility

Hi all, my default Render Engin is ART, now with 2018 every file, and every time i open an old version file this popup appear.

If i close it and cpontinue to work with arnold or ART (even switching between them) an other error occure:

The first line is totaly wrong, i don't use scanline.

Somethimes another message about Null Background appear, but in the time to open snipping tool to take a screen (when i realyze that...) it's too late and all 3ds max windows go white.

At the end a file named  SceneConverter.log appear in the same folder of the file with this text (the date change, this date is a test that i make now):

Performing scene check  for invalid nodes, materials, maps etc. on the :
29/04/2017 - 00:00:07
Scene contains : 0 invalid features.

PS: before install 3ds max 2018 i unistall ALL of 2017 software and addon, library and Civil, Revit, blackburner, and so on, interoperatibilty.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
vusta
in reply to: ExBeast

when you have a spare 5 mins, read this:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-forum/missing-mr-messages/td-p/7037717

so you know that's one way mentalray properties are stuck to your old files..

so until they fix Scene Converter...you're stuck...

Message 3 of 4
ExBeast
in reply to: vusta

Ok, thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: ExBeast

Hello @ExBeast,

It's true that MR properties are on all your old objects.  You might try to just install the 2018 version of mental ray to ensure maximum compatibility for the time being.  Even if you don't use it for rendering, it will at least remove those messages and prevent render farm hangups.  

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report