Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3Ds Max 2017 save as problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
517 Views, 2 Replies

3Ds Max 2017 save as problem

Hi,

Anybody can help me? If i save as a file it will be not save in the current folder, but it will be save on scene folder at document..

thanks in advance...

Michael,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kennyj
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Michael,

It helps on the forums if you list what version of the software you are using and be very specific in the help needed.

It appears that you want to change where 3ds Max saves:  Under the "file" option in max (the blue Max icon now), choose "Manage" then "Set Project Folder".  Then select where you want your 3ds Max Project file to save.

If you mean you cannot save (save as) to the same folder as the open file, this is because the file is open and you will need to rename the file to prevent duplication.  If you mean you cannot save to the file at all, this may be a permissions issue - can you save to the folder from other software?

You may also want to configure your paths to control where your images/scenes, etc. automatically save to.  Check out this tutorial:

http://www.edmax-tutorials.com/idh_file_configure_paths.html

This is found under the Customize Menu.

I hope these help you find your solution.

-Kenny

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: kennyj

thanks kenny for the reply. i will try it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report