Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2016 Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
Jamma247
8908 Views, 30 Replies

3ds max 2016 Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error

Like it says.

This happens whenever I close the application.

3ds Max still running in Task Manager Processes and Microsoft C++ Visual Runtime still running in Task Manager Applications

Shutting down 3ds Max in Task Manager Processes closses all.

MaxErr.JPG

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
m1de23
in reply to: Jamma247

^ Same here, still disappointed that the error message occurs but pleasantly relieved that it is easier to vanquish in Windows 10.

Message 22 of 31
RobH2
in reply to: m1de23

The behavior has changed slightly for me in Windows 7 x64 Pro. I get the message only about 25% of the time and it closes on its own in about 2 seconds. I don't have to manually close the process anymore. Since it really doesn't affect anything, it's just a very minor annoyance.

My Max 2016 version is 18.0 so the change is not due to a Service Pack. Not sure why the behavior has changed.

Update: I just installed the SP1. I started thinking, we should have had a SP by now and I had no idea it was out. I just updated, opened Max and closed and it closed witout the error message. Now that was already happening 75% of the time for me anyway but maybe with this SP it's gone for good. One item on the 'fix' list was for Cintique touch devices. I don't have a Cintique but I do have a touch Intouos tablet. Makes sense that they both might share the same issues.

Anyway, it might just be fixed now.

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2022-2024.2), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 23 of 31
m1de23
in reply to: RobH2

^ Yeah, I think the Cintiq and Intuos model share a similar driver.
Message 24 of 31
iadproductions
in reply to: m1de23

Just an update on this error with 3ds Max 2015, I updated both my Logitech and Wacom drivers today an one of those packages updated the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 redistributable (x64) to version 12.0.30501 and for two times, now I haven't gotten this error when exiting 3ds Max 2015 which was still giving me the error, though the 2016 SP hid the error 99.9% of the time when exiting.

It might be worth updating those drivers or seeing if you can download that update directly from Microsoft.

Mastering Autodesk 3ds Max 2013
http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Autodesk-3ds-Max-2013/dp/1118129717/ref=zg_bs_4135_2
Message 25 of 31
russ.green
in reply to: iadproductions

This is happening to me on win 7 and 10 x64 and we don't have wacom's

Russ Green
Message 26 of 31
james.taylor54
in reply to: russ.green

I have no Wacom Pad but I am getting the same runtime error messages, but not all the time! I cannot simply close the window also. Autodesk get it sorted please.

Message 27 of 31
RobH2
in reply to: james.taylor54

James, if you haven't installed Serivice Pack 1 do so. That should sholve your issue. It's not a crippling issue, just an annoyance when closing Max.

I just did some consulting work for a company the past two weeks and I worked on site with them. I had to set Max 2016 up on one of their machines. I had the issue immediately but when I installed SP1, it abated.

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2022-2024.2), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
Message 28 of 31
DrStein99
in reply to: RobH2

I get c-runtime error crash too.  Windows 8.1 enterprise, max 2016 sp1.  

Message 29 of 31
francisliang98
in reply to: Jamma247

Just right click on your task bar to close eds Max. That message will never pops up again. It only occurs when you close 3ds Max from your wacom or cintiq.

Message 30 of 31
lightcube
in reply to: francisliang98

That isn't actually true. I have neither a Wacom nor Cintiq and it's an issue here for many, many months. Yes, closing in Task Manager can remove the window at that moment, but it will pop up again in a future session of using Max.

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Message 31 of 31
DrStein99
in reply to: lightcube

I can get the error just opening max, and then closing it without doing anything, and no tablets, touchscreen or any special hardware.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report