Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Arnold Materials Lags Horribly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
webmaster
474 Views, 2 Replies

2020 Arnold Materials Lags Horribly

Since 2020 came in with Arnold, I have been using the Arnold renderer because I like the effect on the render. But using the materials editor has become a terrible experience. Every time i change the setting on ANYTHING in the editor, it hangs for a few seconds (1 - 10), until it seems to reset the entire program. (The whole program glitches) changing the settings in the color picker, adding a bitmap, changing the material to physical, changing the amount of the emission spinner, etc. . All of these seem to cause this problem. Just opening the material editor requires a couple minutes as it slowly loads each material. I am constantly getting the blue circle.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
madsd
in reply to: webmaster

Disable the thumbnail rendering in the slate editor.

Do that in the most left bottom corner. That button makes all shaders evaluate each time you do something.
Doing a global disable will free up any kind of studdering lag.

You can selectivly pick a single node and tell it to render a preview when you need it, but keep it off.
I constantly have it off, and I dont miss anything, I use the render view to check what happens, not thumbnails.

Message 3 of 3
webmaster
in reply to: madsd

Is there a similar solution for the compact material editor?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report