Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying.fbx motion to 3Ds Max Biped

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sobig
1995 Views, 4 Replies

Applying.fbx motion to 3Ds Max Biped

hi mates,

do you guys have tutorials or steps for applying.fbx motion to 3Ds Max Biped?
i want to know the offical step.

john
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sobig

I can't say I know what you're talking about, but you'll probably get an answer sooner if you clarify yourself a little bit more. What is a (.fbx)? Am I right to assume it's a motion capture file? Do you get any error messages or popups, or do you not know where to begin?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

It's pretty easy once you have a biped with the same naming setup as the animation data in your FBX file.

Usually you would be trying to import an FBX file into max if you:
Created an animation using character studio or something > exported an FBX to do some more animation work in Endorphin or Motionbuilder > saved the "touched up" animation in the same FBX file > re-import that file to your Max Scene. Your Biped or bone system will move with the animation data on that FBX file.

If the FBX file cannot find geometry or bones with the corresponding names in your Max scene, it will create a skeleton on its own and put the animation on that (and i'm not sure what you can do with the created skeleton at this point).
Message 4 of 5
danim8r

export biped used in character as fbx
import into motionbuilder
characterize
retarget data to imported charzd. biped skel.
select all bones in skel (plot character)
export .fbx anim only
in max import .fbx file and check merge
Message 5 of 5
LAOMUSIC

I´ve just learned this unoffical today :

- from Endorphin, export .bvh with "Target Reference Character" and choose "Eyes Japan" and Accuracy= Accurate
- load a biped in Max, and your .bvh (ex-.fbx)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report