Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

animating a two handed object (file attached)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
341 Views, 0 Replies

animating a two handed object (file attached)

Hello

can someone help with this file., i'm trying to animate a soldier holding a gun with two hands using link constraints, but there seems to be an issue.

what i did is that i added a link constraint on the weapon and linked it to the right hand bone(worked fine), and added a link constraint to the the left hand bone(to try and link the two hand bones so everything gets driven by the left hand bone).but for some reason immediately after adding the the link constraint to the left hand bone, the left hand(mesh and bone) moved away from the its original place (right at the end of the arm) and got connected to the ground. is there anyway to fix this? or is there any other possible way to make the movement of the weapon affect the two hands(bones with mesh)?  :-[ . can i perhaps link the hands(mesh) to the weapon??this doesn't work because when i animate the bones, the hands move without the weapon .

the major issue that i have is that when i add a link constraint to the bones, the bones location shift downwards to the ground.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report