Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fbx import ?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
kirkrk
511 Views, 10 Replies

fbx import ?

Is there a way to import current fbx  or max format file into max 2008? 

Plugin , converter or something?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
RGhost77
in reply to: kirkrk

You can try this fbx import plugin for max 2008 http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=14942949

Royal Ghost | veda3d.com
Message 3 of 11
kirkrk
in reply to: RGhost77

Thanks, unfortunally I alredy have this installed and it doesn;t open modern fbx

Message 4 of 11
RGhost77

You can use modern 3ds max (trial)...

1. Import in 2015/14 3ds max your fbx.

2. (re)Export to fbx (choose in fbx options (Fbx File Format->Version) version which support 2008 max)

3. Import in 2008 max

Royal Ghost | veda3d.com
Message 5 of 11
kirkrk
in reply to: RGhost77

I cant , no more at least.   Have wasted my trail period on trying it instead of waiting when it would be really necessary to convert fbx.

Hoped perhaps it's posible from some other free or cheap programms. 

Message 6 of 11
PROH

Hi. Take a look at the "FBX Review" from Autodesk. It's free and it have some conversion options. I don't know (haven't checked) if it can convert to such an old FBX version, but it might give you some other options, to get the job done.

Hope it helps
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 7 of 11
kirkrk
in reply to: PROH

Where are those conversion options?   In which version?   I 've downloaded  win7 one and it only have open button

Message 8 of 11
PROH

Hi kirkrk. You're absolutely right. The FBX Review does not give you any export options, but the FBX Converter does 🙂 My mistake - sorry. Check out the FBX Converter here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=22694909

Heres what Autodesk writes: "This utility enables you to convert OBJ, DXF™, DAE, and 3DS files to or from multiple versions of the FBX format."

Once again sorry for my "misnaming", but this time it should be right : )

Hope it helps

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Message 9 of 11
kirkrk

Thanks. This one does what I wanted.  Although not that much reliable with edited vertex normals and shading

ps. Looks like it can't open most recent fbx files although  or am  I missing something?

Message 10 of 11
PROH

Well, there might be a newer version than the one I linked to (I didn't look for the latest version). Try to search for latest version at Autodesk, and see if that does the trick.
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Message 11 of 11
kirkrk

Seems it's a last one. I can't find any newer .  Looks like Autodesk abandoned it already.   Maybe there is an eaier way?    Through alembic ( never used it although)  collada or something? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report