Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Select Objects Unless Using Object List - Weird Shading

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
kristaajoy
413 Views, 0 Replies

Can't Select Objects Unless Using Object List - Weird Shading

I've been trying to find a solution to this, but it's really hard to word into a search of what's happening to me, and I can't seem to find anything that works.

This has happened to me before but not for awhile. I have a problem where I open up 3DS Max and there are several objects in the scene that are just shown as wireframe. I try to select them, and I can't. The only way I can select them is to go to the object list / scene explorer, click on one object, and then use the arrow key to select every object until they all show up.

After that, they show up and I can select them, but the shading in the viewport is really, really strange. It will turn objects completely black if you're far away from them. Clicking on them makes them go back, but if you unselect and zoom away or move away, it'll go back to black again.

This doesn't just happen on my home computer, it started happening to me when working on projects at school. It's also not consistent at all, it only happens every once in awhile. I tried also merging the entire project into a new file, which fixed things for that session, but the next time I opened it it did the same thing again.

Having to re-click on things isn't that big of a deal, but the shading problem makes it really difficult to set up a scene.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report