Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plug-in Assembly Load Error when launching 3ds Max 2016

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
an.szpakowski
9076 Views, 30 Replies

Plug-in Assembly Load Error when launching 3ds Max 2016

Hi

I have big problem with my 3dmax 

somebody  help me, 

when I launch 3ds I have Error Plug-In Assembly,  (attach jpg) 

Plug-in Assembly Load Error when launching  3ds Max

Best Regards,

Andrzej 

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31

I have a problem with 3ds max displays at startup

3ds Max The Assembly Autodesk.Max.Wrappers.dll

what to do to fix this problem

Message 3 of 31

Hello @an.szpakowski,

Can you answer a few questions for me, please?   When did this start, was it sudden or did it follow the installation of any plugins or windows upgrades?  Are you using Windows 10 or 8?  (I see the screenshot but I just needed to be sure.)  Can you let me know if this link helps at all with your issue?  Lastly, can you verify that the Wrapper.dll is in the folder mentioned in your screenshot?   Typically the issue here is anti-virus or windows Defender trying to block access to the file, but it's not always the case.  

Thank you very much for doing those things and reporting the answers back to me. 

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 31

Hi Alfred.

I will try to answer the questions as best I can

1. it started on Friday after a Windows update 10 - update without my
authorization

2. yes I use Windows 10

3.I did everything that was written today, but I still have this problem

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Plug-i...

4. yes the file is there (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max
2016\bin\assemblies)

5. Add a Windows Defender program exclusion. (I marked a whole catalog of
3ds max) To do this follow these instructions provided by Microsoft.

Thank you very much for your help

Best Regards

--
Andrzej Szpakowski
Message 5 of 31

Hello @an.szpakowski,

Thank you very much for those details.  I'd like to try two things before I dig deeper into this issue.

First, can you please make sure that 3ds Max is being run as an administrator?  This my help bypass permissions issues within windows.  

Second, would you please try to reset your user settings?  If this step doesn't have a positive effect, you can close 3ds Max and simply rename your old ENU folder back after deleting the new one.  

Thank you for trying those two things and once you have we can continue from there.  It may also be worth trying to look at the windows UAC and make sure that the update didn't reset anything in there.

Best Regards,

Message 6 of 31

Hello,

Is this related to a programming issue? In a .NET project, you cannot directly reference the Autodesk.Max.Wrappers.dll. instead the correct assembly should be Autodesk.Max.dll from the same folder as 3dsmax.exe.

If this is not related to a programming issue, then you have posted this in the wrong forum. Probably a better question for the general forum. But if this is the case (non-programming issue), then I would suggest to start you take a look at the knowledge network. For example, this one might apply:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Plug-i...

hope it helps,

kevin

Kevin Vandecar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 7 of 31

Hi Alfred

I did two things:

restarted my user settings and the moments of running 3ds max - as you
wrote, and the second thing I downloaded again updates 3ds max - SP3 -
installed again

I do not know which solution has removed the problem but at this moment
working - I hope that now there will be no problems

thank you very much for your help

Best Regards
Andrzej Szpakowski
Message 8 of 31

Hi Kevin 

does't work - 3ds max software after an upgrade Windows 10 (which is done automatically)

this solution is that you have provided does not work, 

do you think of reinstalling the system able to help ??

Message 9 of 31

Hi, FYI, I moved the same question from programming and merged it here. This keeps things organized and searchable properly.

Sounds like you have resolved it with the help of Alfred. Please mark it as solved when you have a chance. Thank you!

thanks,

kevin

Kevin Vandecar

Message 10 of 31

Kevin 

I thought it is solved but it turned out today with it did not work (after 3 hours of work a problem reappeared)

maybe someone else has an idea to solve this problem

Message 11 of 31

Hello @an.szpakowski,

OK, to make sure I understand, the same issue has returned? It's the same error as before when starting 3ds max 2016, you are getting a FileNotFound exception in a dialog for the Autodesk.Max.Wrappers.dll?

When his happens, what follows? Does 3ds Max crash to the CER (Customer Error Report) dialog? Have you sent the CER report via the dialog?

thanks much. The more details we have, the better chance we can get to the root of the problem.

kevin

Kevin Vandecar

Message 12 of 31

Kevin sorry for the confusion,

yes it's the same problem

I thought the succeeded to fix it but it did not work

there is no window with the possibility of sending a bug report

what you can do is in the attached PrtSc

do you have any idea?
maybe reinstall 3ds max?

Message 13 of 31

Hello @an.szpakowski,

There is a good chance that your Anti-Virus or Windows Defender is somehow blocking access to this .dll.  I'd like to verify that you are running 3ds Max as an administrator as it may have an impact on this issue.  Is Max running as admin?  (Wasn't in your post so I wanted to double check, and thank you.)

EDIT:  The reason I ask about admin is that if you set it to run as admin (and it was working) but then did the service pack installation, it may have created a new 3dsmax.exe file which no longer has admin rights to run.  This *may* explain why it stopped working.  Worth a look, I thought.  Thanks!

Best Regards,

Message 14 of 31

Hi Alfred
I checked today 3ds max after the update changed the way running

I changed to now, switch as an administrator

I hope it will help

I'll be working all day on this change, and we will see if that resolves
problem - ok?

--
Andrzej Szpakowski
Message 15 of 31

Hello @an.szpakowski,

Well, hopefully it doesn't take up your whole day... but please keep me posted.

Best Regards,

Message 16 of 31

Hi Alfred

Currently 3ds max function normally - but not completely

Unfortunately, optional fast open does not work correct,
Marge does not work - moves the file to the window 3ds max gave the import options.
I do not know if this is a drawback still bad running Windows Defender or may 3ds
max

--
Andrzej Szpakowski

Message 17 of 31

Hello @an.szpakowski,

Thank you for the update.  Are you still getting the MaxWrappers.dll error when you start 3ds Max?  

Are you currently having issues with importing files now?  Please correct me if I misunderstand you here.  I think what you are saying is that the File->Merge menu isn't working for you, but dragging the file to the window does work?  Is that correct?  If you are still getting the wrappers error, this may be related.  

Can you please check your windows updates and see if you are using W10 version 1607?

Thanks for the clarification and best regards,

Message 18 of 31

Hi Alfred

Now there is no problem with Max Wrappers.dll error

Only move files from the desktop to the window 3ds max does not work (fast import - streamline work)

I use W10 - version 1511 - Does it change anything?

Thanks for your help best regards

Andrzej 

Message 19 of 31

Hello @an.szpakowski,

Thank you for the information.  This is likely a case of solving one problem that is creating another.  I just want to verify, does drag and drop work for other applications?   Sometimes, running as administrator may cause this issue.  The drag and drop issue you are having may be solved in User Account Controls.  Some users have reported that this is fixed by setting it to 'never notify'.  If you do this, you need to reboot for it to take effect.

By running as admin, we're really routing around the real issue which is that something on the OS level is blocking maxwrappers from loading/being accessed.  Likely the OS or a program thinks it's a security threat.  In other words, if running as Admin does fix the maxwrapper issue, then something on the OS level or related to security is blocking that .dll from being accessed.   It may be something like an anti-virus or Windows Defender.  You can try turning off 'run as administrator' and taking a closer look at what is blocking that .dll and that may also solve your drag and drop issue as well as your maxwrappers problem.  

Lastly, another option might be to turn off 'run as admin' and find the folder at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\bin\assemblies\ and select the file "Autodesk.Max.Wrappers.dll".  Then right click on it, hit properties, and go to security tab.  You can then Edit Permission and give the file 'full control'.  My thinking is that this might tell windows that the file shouldn't be blocked.  Please keep me updated, I do want to solve this for you.  

No problem with Windows 1511, I just wanted to verify.  The wrappers issue was fixed a while back and I wanted to know if it came back as a result of the W10 anniversary update, but I can see now that it was unrelated.  I am still trying to gather information, so I wanted to ask about it.  Thank you for sharing that info.

Best Regards,

Message 20 of 31

Hi Alfred

When I turned off the option Run as administrator - all options back to normal

I changed "Autodesk.Max.Wrappers.dll." Full access - I hope that it will help

We'll work now on these settings and see if it eliminated the problem .dll

Best Regards,

Andrzej 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report