Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pivot problem when reopening the file

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mywinters1945
467 Views, 3 Replies

Pivot problem when reopening the file

Hi everyone, i had an issue with the pivot point in 3ds max, I'm making a car and i want to open the doors, every door is a group, so to make the opening correctly, I've changed the pivot point.

The rotation works fine but when I close the file (saving it off course) and i open the file again, the pivot of the doors are aligned again to the center, and i need them to stay where i put them. How can i solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Do you really need the Groups? Try un-grouping them, create a Dummy and position it where you want the Pivot to be, Select and Link all the previously grouped components to the dummy. Groups have been known to not "play ball" when animating. And make absolutely certain none of the components have been Scaled (at the object level) - that will almost certainly mess up animations.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 4

OK i will try and i'll let you know, thanks for the tip

Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the tip Steve, it worked perfectly, i have never worked with dummys before, i learnt something new today Smiley Very Happy thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report