Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marking menu right click position problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2140 Views, 6 Replies

Marking menu right click position problem

I just started to learn Maya, and what I got from tutorial when we hold right click on an object, it should be like this:
componentMaya01.jpg

But whenever I'll try in my own computer, the result of my action (hold right click on an object), the center of component (vertex, edge, face) is far away above (*picture below). How do I overcome this?
Though I have tried googling, and found out to scaling into smaller UI. yes, it really solve the problem. However, if I try to rightclick on an object near the botto panel, it happened the same as the picture above. 
Is it normal to be like this in Maya 2017? Thank you very much
componentMaya02.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
slimboJoe
in reply to: Anonymous

The bottom one is actually correct.  Maya does this so your whole marking menu is on the screen.  Otherwise, like in the top (odd) example, the menu goes off-screen and is un-usable for the bottom menu items.

Not sure what is going on in the top image, there.  Seems like Maya thinks the screen is bigger than it really is.  Weird.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: slimboJoe

Thank you for responding from your point of view. I really appreciate it.
Message 4 of 7
slimboJoe

You're welcome.  Is that first image from the tutorial?  I'm guessing that the image was cropped so you do not see the entire marking menu.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I'm having the same problem. Starting at the center is useful as it allows to quickly swipe and access the most common options of the menu. Not sure why it's doing this thing now.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Same issue for me! Working on a macbook with smaller screen space means the menu is offset so that it all appears on screen. But ideally I'd love it to always center on my cursor (in the way it looks in your first image). The object selection options in the radial around the center are the ones I use very quickly and frequently- when the menu offsets it can get awkward to use quickly. Hope there is an option to choose 'center on mouse' instead off 'offset to fit whole menu on screen'!

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Ah I actually just found this tutorial on youtube to address this exact issue. Not the simplest solution, but this is the best I've found so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecdM7PgvMpc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report