Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershell with Data Standard Vault 2015 & Inventor 2015

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
zach.howe
484 Views, 3 Replies

Powershell with Data Standard Vault 2015 & Inventor 2015

Hello,

I’m working on customizing data standards for both the Vault and Inventor side.

On the Inventor side I wanted to have different required fields for parts and assemblies. While I am able to hide fields, I can't see a way in powershell to edit the required value fields. I’m starting to wonder if it’s possible or not. I have a hack right now where when I hide certain fields in powershell, I place a string into those require fields to get the data standards to submit.

For the Vault side in editing the 'created standard file' function. While I can remove fields here, I’m not sure how to add new fields that require a value. The vault side doesn't seem to have a cfg file where elements are set. Originally I wanted to remove some fields and add new required value fields that are able to be understood as custom properties by inventor. Now I’m just checking how much the 'created standard file' function inside vault can be changed.

This is for vault 2015 professional. (Not the R2 but the original professional version)

Thanks

Zach Howe

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wangdu
in reply to: zach.howe

Hi,

For the Inventor part, I guess you could probably take away the "RequiresValue=True" attribute in the Inventor.cfg file. You can then take away your hack in the powershell.

For the vault part, you cannot add new custom property through DataStandard but you can add values to existing custom property. You just have to know the name of the property so that you can use Prop[yourcustompropertyname].Value = someValueFromTextBox. For the validation part, in the Default.ps1 at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Vault 2015\Extensions\DataStandard\Vault\addins, there are validation functions which you can use to set up constraints to you fields. 

For datastandard documentation, here is the link to the wiki. 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU...

Hope it helps,

Wangdu

coolOrange

www.coolOrange.com

Message 3 of 4
zach.howe
in reply to: wangdu

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to have different required fields for Parts and assemblies within data standard for Inventor? If I remove "RequiresValue=True" form the .cfg file it will remove the attribute requirement for both.

Zach Howe

Message 4 of 4
wangdu
in reply to: zach.howe

Hi,

Sorry, I misunderstood the question.

No, you can't have different required fields for Parts and assemblies within data standard for Inventor. But, however, you can point the RequiresValue attribute to a name of a powershell function which should do the validation for you. When the function returns true, the OK button will be enabled and disabled otherwise.

Hope it helps,
Wangdu

coolOrange
www.coolOrange.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report