Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I render an image, I get a black saved image in photoshop

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dnrartist
3842 Views, 6 Replies

When I render an image, I get a black saved image in photoshop

PLEASE HELP!

I have school, and this is a big project that I have beenhaving a really tough time with. I seem to be getting problem after problem with maya, all of which i can usually fix. Not today. I searched and searched for an answer yet no one has had it happened it seems.

So I am creating a cluster of leaves in maya. These leaves are simply textures on top of a plane. I go to render, and everything looks pretty and nice. So I save, than open photoshop. To find it blacked out. All except the alpha. I am so confused and have no idea what to do please help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
damaggio
in reply to: dnrartist

This looks like a color management setting that might be wrong for your workflow perhaps, I would start looking into that...if is just a single render maybe you are not saving a color corrected image from the render view...again is hard to say from over here.....maybe these  videos might help you..........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC051nGKTmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIP3yF_KteI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnSaCIJt-x4

Message 3 of 7
damaggio

I notice your scene is .mb I would recommend using a .ma asci file instead since these files can be edited later if any bugs appear.
Message 4 of 7
dnrartist
in reply to: damaggio

So i looked over the videos and tried applying all changes I could to see if it would work. It did not, I am not sure how color management will affect the saved file though.

Message 5 of 7
damaggio

If you can upload your scene someone here can take a look or , just describe more in detail what the scene is being used for and more screen grabs if you can.

Message 6 of 7
dnrartist
in reply to: damaggio

Actually I found out what was the issue. Well I think two things were the issue. First I think my file got a little corrupted somehow which caused that error. I noticed when I exported the leaves into another scene I could render it, and I almost headbanged, but than I noticed some visual information in the regular layer. I increased the intensity of the lighting in photoshop and now I see everything with full detail.

I think my original scene did have a weird setting turned on, it somehow made my saved image files blacker than black. I should have just checked the pictures brightness from the first place. Thanks for the help though.

Message 7 of 7
damaggio

Sure, I'm glad you solved your issue...press on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report