Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering set-up: What is range?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
245 Views, 1 Reply

Rendering set-up: What is range?

I'm about to render my animation, my first 3D animation.
I need all the frames to render which is 600 frames at 30 fps. So i've turned on "activate time segment" 0 to 600.
Underneath it says range and set by default "0 to 100" should i change this to 600? What is range?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Steve_Curley
in reply to: 250891

Depends on which one has it's Radio Button "On" as that is the selection of frames which will be used (rendered). The others are irrelevent and can be ignored, so if your timeline is 600 and your main Trackbar (below the viewports) shows from 0 to 600 then the "Active Time Segment" option will suffice (especially if it too says 0 to 600). The other options allow for a different range to that in the timeline, or even for multiple ranges or multiple single frames.
Range simply means consecutive frames starting with a specific frame number and ending with a another specific frame number. In your example you could activate Range and set frames from 0 to 600 - that would produce identical results to setting Active Time Segment (which is also 0 to 600).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report