Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Render Outputs different

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
TJMGoodwin
382 Views, 6 Replies

Network Render Outputs different

Hi All,

I'm rendering a stereo movie (using autodesk stereocam) and have just added a second PC. However , the output of the new pc is darker.

I've looked around and it would appear that the gamma level is the issue.

I've checked the gamma settings and they are the same. I've checked the file save as settings and they are both the same. 

I've tried a pre-render script as per ( http://forums.cgarchitect.com/71469-rendering-output-different-seperate-machines.html)

I've tried copying the file to the 2nd pc and rendering locally and yet I continually get a darker image.

I'm using max 2015 SP3 on both pc's. MR render.  

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

El-d

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TJMGoodwin
in reply to: TJMGoodwin

Just seen this which claims its fixed. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/shading-lighting-and-rendering/backburner-gamma-2-2-no-gamma-correctio...

only I'm still having issues.:(

Further searching required.

El-d..

Message 3 of 7
TJMGoodwin

Fyi. I saved a preset, ran the file locally and used saved preset and it appears to be working. Not exactly what I had in mind but at least its working now.

If I had more time I'm sure I could isolate the issue but rendering needs to be rendering.

El-d

Message 4 of 7

Hello El-d

Based on reading your forum posting it appears as though the issue you were having with Gamma has been resolved.  Is this true?

Do you require further assistance?  If so I would be happy to do what I can.  

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

Jonathan Matthews

Autodesk Technical Support

Message 5 of 7

Actually its not. 

I thought it was. Not really sure how I managed it but my first batch (1150 frames) was ok. After that, apart from turning off and on a few things in the scene,  I was getting differences again. I did shutdown and take away laptop so whether some setting was lost when I next added it I don't know.

I'm loading a preset gamma file, fgm is already created/read only.  Can't figure it out.

I rendered in HDR and so figured I could tweak the gamma but there also appears to be a colour shift too.

I'm running tests to try and get correct outputs but am running v close to an immovable deadline

El-d

Message 6 of 7
TJMGoodwin

Further test.

Ensured the preset,fgm files etc are all UNC.

Opened file on both pc's. Rendered (batch due to stereo) as standalone on both. Still different. Tried as net render and still different.

Been a while and I'm starting to think the first frames may have all been on the one pc. Was taking time so thats when I drafted in a second .

Any thoughts on getting a consistent output?

Thanks

El-d

Message 7 of 7
TJMGoodwin

Looks like its something to do with Batch rendering or the stereocam plugin.

I created 2 free cameras and linked them to my left and right stereo cams(yes I know there won't be any skew). Net rendered both left and right. Intermixed from both pcs and renders are perfectly matched.

Annoyingly the ONLY way to use the stereocam plugin is to use batch render. Quite why it couldn't just appear as left and right cameras is beyond me.

Looks like I'm dumping the sterocam and creating my own. A massive backward step that requires re-rendering everything and time setting up but at least I can get consistent renders.

BTW. NOT a solution but a massive workaround. 

Hopefully you can give me a batch render solution asap.

El-d

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report