Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 Mental Ray/Mayatomr issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PreedReve
465 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 2015 Mental Ray/Mayatomr issues

Hello, this is my first time posting on these forums and I'm a noviced with Maya and have zero coding experience, so please bear with me...

For some odd reason, my Mental Ray just stopped showing up on my render options two-days ago. I followed this guide from AutoDesk, downloaded the Mental Ray Patch, and the line in the folder matches there's, but Mayatomr now flashes this message when I try to load it:

Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Autodesk/mentalrayForMaya2015/plug-ins/Mayatomr.mll
The specified procedure could not be found.
//
// Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found.
(Mayatomr) //

I tried messaging AutoDesk but it's been three days now and I haven't heard anything. Can anyone help me?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: PreedReve

Hi @PreedReve,

Welcome to the Community.

Can you check what Maya 2015 version you have installed? If you haven't done so, can you try installing the latest service pack for both Maya 2015 and the Mental Ray for Autodesk Maya 2015? Here are a few links you can use for reference:

Maya Downloads 

Maya 2015 Service Pack 1 continues to crash... 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 5
PreedReve
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

It worked! Thank you very much. 😄

Message 4 of 5
CodeferBlue
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Hey! I need help with this same problem. I have installed the latest SP6 for my Maya 2015 and I have also installed Mental Ray from the same page. Unfortunately it's not showing up in my plug-in manager or my render setings. Help.

Message 5 of 5
CodeferBlue
in reply to: CodeferBlue

Problem is no longer an issue. Resolved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report