Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animation being changed during rendering

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Firstprime
236 Views, 1 Reply

Animation being changed during rendering

I am working on an animation and whenever I render it out, using any renderer, the animation changes. If I play my animation live in the viewport it plays fine, but when I render it out parts of it are broken. It's a walk cycle, and things will have changed like the arc of the hands swinging and the rotation of the feet as they walk. It looks terrible, and I have no idea what could be causing it or how to fix it. I don't even know where I would begin.

Does anyone know why this could be happening?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Firstprime

It sounds like something in the scene file is corrupted. To test this you could try creating a new scene and importing the possibly corrupted scene into there and try rendering it again. 

If that doesn't fix the issue I suggest deleting the history of the objects being distorted. This may mess up your rig or animation so you probably want to back up the file first.

I see similar issues every now and then and typically one of those two things fixes the issue. There is one other fix I have had to do though. My workstation is a Mac but my render nodes are PCs. There have been a few times where this issue occered and it was because it somehow hit a bug in the Mac version of Maya, so I tried loading it onto one of the PCs it rendered just fine. 

Hope this helps. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report