cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete redesign of GUI

Complete redesign of GUI

It would be nice to completely redesign workflow and GUI for autodesk robot to make the entire design process more intuitive. Icons and tabs look outdated and very small, especially the ones in the ribbon at the bottom of the screen. Many of the windows cannot be resized which unnecessarily complicates things even more.

Please, hire a designer and seek guidance from professional engineers to create a GUI for a simple yet effective workflow. It is a shame to have a powerful software at your disposal with an interface from the 90s.

Thank you.

12 Comments
ZHUKOV_ING
Advocate

Тhey started in 2015 with React Structures BUT...

Not only GUI redesign but they need to update and add a lot more new features...

p.s Just look at SCIA v.21, they redesign whole software and add a lot more new features and they are loaded with almost everything for resigning structures according Eurocode..

anthonymctigue
Advocate

Please, please, please redesign the GUI!!!  It was terrible when it was new and it hasn't exactly aged like a fine wine!  It is so far behind the competitor software and I have spoken to quite a few people who are impressed with Robot's capabilities but are completely put off by the GUI.

WALIDGIO
Participant

why this idea doesnt have a lot of votes ?

we all the user of RSA dreamed of new design every year, but yet we keapt left with old agestoon GUI

Please dev team reconsider make a new GUI? OR Bring react to life,

thank you

rlkillian
Advocate

I'm just starting to use Robot and I couldn't agree more. I've used structural analysis software for 40 years and I'm very turned off by the interface. It seems like a very powerful program but with terrible user access to the features. It's like buying a Ferrari with soapbox car steering.

anthonymctigue
Advocate

@rlkillianmost structural analysis software that I have used in the past has terrible user interfaces but Robot stands out at probably the second worse, second only to the Classic ANSYS interface!  It is a powerful piece of kit though and the new Dynamo tools that work with Robot are incredibly exciting and even though they are only very basic at the moment and I have only just started using them, I would regard this feature as being one of the biggest advances in structural engineering software that I have found as it no longer limits you to how a programmer thinks a piece of structural analysis and design software should work (no offense programmers as it is completely unreasonable for you to fully understand the wierd and wonderful range of scenarios that structural engineers must work with).

Mr.Borges
Contributor

The killed Autodesk React Structures preview was beatiful and intuitive peace of software. Please make Robot looks like it.

mazin.mukdadi
Participant

This needs a UI redesign, as long as they also implement a full dark mode/theme into the mix. This software burns my corneas whenever I use it.

anthonymctigue
Advocate

@mazin.mukdadi, to give you at least a partial solution to one half of your problem, you can get reasonably close to something approximating a dark mode with some fiddling with settings (see attached screenshot of my Robot interface setup).

Happy to PM you my settings file if you want to test it out.

Capture.PNG

MOR-ConorMacken
Enthusiast

It's basically the same as when I first used it as Robot 97.

tom86V8S
Explorer

I've added a request for multi-monitor support. This ties into the rest of the UI which is terrible. Most tabs/windows can't be moved to a second monitor. Most pop-up windows can't be resized. How annoying when you need to side-scroll constantly on a large modern display. How wonderful would it be to have the model on one monitor, and tables/results/views etc. on a second...

It took autocad/revit years to get multi-monitor support, hopefully RSA can follow.

Mr.Borges
Contributor

react1 (1).pngreact3.png

This is how the killed preview looked like... https://youtu.be/1MSFXfa8GH4 shame on you Autodesk for dropping this, the actually old UI sucks.

anthonymctigue
Advocate

@Mr.Borges,

It really was a substantial improvement over the current Robot UI and it is frustrating to see it languishing so far behind all the other Autodesk products which for the most part have really good UIs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report