Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phases

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
MS_jkimc65
517 Views, 6 Replies

Phases

I have a project that has been completed in Revit.  The designed facility needs to be split into two phases due to budget constraints.  I have looked at creating two Phases - Phase I and Phase II.  However the tricky part is having Phase II display greyscaled.  Sucessful in having phase I greyescaled and displayed acordingly with Phase II.  I have looked at the phase filters, but unsucessful in getting phase II to be greyscale since it is future work in the order of the phases.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kim Candelario, Associate

Method Studio Inc.

(801) 532-4422

kim@method-studio.com

j. kim candelario
method-studio, inc.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
loboarch
in reply to: MS_jkimc65

Phasing tool in Revit will not let you do what you are attempting to do.  The Revit pahsing system has no sense elements created "future".  If an element was created in a future phase (beyond the phase setting of the view), those elements will never be visible.

One way you could do what you are attempting to do outside of the phasing tools in Revit would be to create a project parameter that could be attached to all elements that are "phase 2"  Then you could create a view filter to display all elements with the "phase 2" project parameter in a halftoned line/color.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 7
krispy
in reply to: loboarch

Couldn't you just create a phase filter where "Existing" is shown "By Category" and "New" has graphic overrides... then set the view's active phase to Phase 2... am i missing something?

Message 4 of 7
loboarch
in reply to: krispy

I was under the impression "Existing" needed to be shown one way, Phase 1 shown in another way and Phase 2 shown in yet another way.  This is what Revit has trouble with.  There is now way to differentiate two "New Construction" phases from one another.

Maybe I did not understand the question?

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 7
krispy
in reply to: loboarch

of course you are right... depends on what the intent of the original poster was. I didn't see any mention of them using the Existing phase so assumed they just wanted to "highlight" the works in Phase 2, maybe my assumption was incorrect.

Message 6 of 7
sgoodmansen
in reply to: MS_jkimc65

Its really too bad, Revit handles this so badly.  This is a very common thing in construction.  I also run into a similar problem wiht core and shell drawings.  I am in charge of the core, but want to lightly show the TI work somebody else is doing.  I've been trying to make i work with phases and visibility graphics, but its clunky at best. Shell phase and then a TI phase after it.  The clunky part is having to work in TI , then change objects back to shell.  The project parameter is a good idea, I'm going to have to try. 

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: sgoodmansen

I am trying to find the best way to show future work in my current phase, much like this discussion.  I have found that the better way is to use 2 views, 1 from the current work (Phase 1) and the 2nd to show the future (Phase 2). 

This OpEd article describes the process:

http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2007/01/future-phases.html

I'm not a big fan of layering 2 views on a sheet, but it seems like the more logical way to go, especially if/when the future work becomes reality. 

If anyone else has a better suggestion, please advise ... thanks.

Ian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report