Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2016

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ebo134
507 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 2016

Hi guys

Maya 2016 is officially available now!

Cheers

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rimcrazy
in reply to: ebo134

.... and don't forget that you have to download and install Mental Ray now as a plug-in.  It will not be installed automatically.

You can get the 2016 Mental Ray plug-in for Maya 2016 here:

http://tinyurl.com/ngslk7r

Oh, and the installer for Maya and all of the Autodesk products has completley changed.  My install on my Windows workstation was hanging all of the time.  My guess is it because of all of the plug-ins on Firefox.  If you have any Firewall or AV protection turn it all off as they are doing some very differnt stuff on the install.  I ended up using Chrome to install on my Windows workstation and Safari to install on my MBP.

Looks pretty cool.  Can't wait to get started working with it.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
Message 3 of 5
swnotify
in reply to: ebo134

Are you sure Maya 2016 is official released? Can you provide a donwload link? I didn't find the download link in the website.

Message 4 of 5
rimcrazy
in reply to: swnotify

You need to log into your subscription account with your Autodesk ID.  It will be in your account along with your other software.  If you are a student and you use the Student version then you need to log in to your account on the Autodesk Student Community website.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
Message 5 of 5
swnotify
in reply to: rimcrazy

Hmm,   in my subscription there isn't 2016, only the old version, like maya 2015, 2014 and 2013. If I didn't pay the maintenance yet, can we be able to get the update software?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report