Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on modifiers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
destinel
372 Views, 3 Replies

question on modifiers

hello everyone,what type of modifier is used in the picture? i like it and i want to use it, as it reduces the number of polys.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Pyro777
in reply to: destinel

Take a look at the ProOptimizer and MultiRes modifiers.

Max 2019
Win 10 64-bit; Dual Xeon E5-2699 v4 @ 2.20 GHz; 64 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
V-Ray 4.02.05.00001
Message 3 of 4
destinel
in reply to: Pyro777

Hello, thank you for your reply. I found it, but it didn't work for me that well. What i am tring to figure out is how to import the 3d model from 3ds max to solidworks whitout lossing alot of geometry. Solidworks works whit plane surfaces, not vertex. So i am trying to  somehow convert 3d model in something like in the picture, surfaces that solidworks can handle. Is there a way to do this in 3ds max? the one in the left is made by me and the one in the right is what i am looking for. Thank you

Message 4 of 4
leeminardi
in reply to: destinel

Try exporting the geometry from 3ds Max as an stl  file and then import it into Solidworks.  Stl files are faceted representations so you will not get smooth surfaces.  Alternatively, you could export/import as an igs which would transfer NURBS surfaces to Solidworks. 

lee.minardi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report